What is your favourite place to camp in the UK?

Admin

Administator

Campsite, I'm assuming ? Glen Nevis, Fort William. Not too expensive and great facilities for the hill after a few days of ... "WC" !

If it's campsites the Waren in Folkstone if it's wild then there are just too many to choose from and it also depends on the time of year as to where my favourite would be.

Defo not campsites but for me the UK really has five places I am interested in. Flamborough Head and that bit of the Yorkshire coast where there is a smashing CL where we often stay for several weeks, The Isle of Arran (Wilding), The Lake District (CL's, one site and Wilding) as its on the doorstep and was a second home for decades for me, Devon and Cornwall (CLs). I can take or leave everywhere else to be honest. Last year we didnt go abroad for the first time in years and spent six weeks on Arran (and a day on Kintyre) and seven weeks at Flamborough. I really enjoyed it. Mrs D did a lot of walking and I did a fair bit of Kayaking and guitar stuff in the van. I missed the continental weather though.

Flamborough head is a great place but spent so much time there as a child I don't go much as an adult and I should.

Campervanannie;n627 said:
Flamborough head is a great place but spent so much time there as a child I don't go much as an adult and I should.

It was Mrs D who introduced me to it when we first met back in the 90s. It was her holiday place for her and her family so it has memories for her and now me I guess. Its odd as I love some of the places we have travelled all over Europe and we have been to some spectacular places but Flamborough is just somewhere we can park up for weeks on end and never get bored of. Great for Cycling, walking and now I do a bit of Kayaking as well. Just wish the weather was a bit kinder and it dont half make a difference being stuck out in the sea.

My favourite CL is at Lodden on the Norfolk Broads, though I also love Grindley Brook Wharf near Whitchurch.

My favourite spot to stay away from a campsite is at the Ayres on the Isle of Man.

image.jpeg

Norfolk or Dorset. We like north Norfolk, especially Brancaster area. We also like the area around Studland Bay. It's worth being in The National Trust for Dorset as there are some great NT car parks there.

I’m lucky I stay in the most beautiful place in the world west coast Scotland and it’s even better when you own a mh but if I had to pick it would have to be the Isle of Barra parked next to beach wae my fishing rod trying to catch dinner watching planes land and take off on beach absolutely heaven.

Hi Wully !!! Well, one of our faves is a CL at the Ship in Highley, on the Severn. Steam railway 50 yards...one way Bridgenorth...Bewdley the other. Oh, wully... it is sunny too most of the time too !!! Looking forward to seeing you and Rob again next year.....Mark n Jane

For walking, cycling, fishing and wildlife, a favourite hideaway CL site in the New Forest does it for me.

Only 30 miles from where I live in a busy town, but a world away in terms of peace and traquility.

Even after countless visits spanning 60 years, the magic of the Forest continues to draw me back again and again... !

maja07;n1093 said:
Hi Wully !!! Well, one of our faves is a CL at the Ship in Highley, on the Severn. Steam railway 50 yards...one way Bridgenorth...Bewdley the other. Oh, wully... it is sunny too most of the time too !!! Looking forward to seeing you and Rob again next year.....Mark n Jane

How youse getting on no doubt we’ll catch up next year my livers nearly recovered

I'm happy if I'm away in the van. I do have a soft spot for Northumberland though, it's not too hard to find somewhere remote.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back