What trips have you got planned for this year

grath

What trips or tours have you got planned for this year?
I will start with ours

We have recently returned from a Brittany France tour

We are going to a Campsite at Solva in South Wales, with Daughter and Son in Law tenting

Solva

search

and

We have the Plymouth / Santander ferry booked and will tour Northern Spain (Galicia) then down to Portugal

Galicia

search

So how about you?

Last edited:

andyjanet

One big long trip,
Suffolk tomorrow, Norfolk beginning July , Nottingham mid July, Doncaster end july, Lancaster beggining august, Glasgow mid august, Doncaster end august, new truck beggining September, all sept reserved for truck shake down, 10 Oct tunnel to France then Germany for Oct nov dec, Xmas & new year Czech, Poland January, Lithuania Latvia February, estonia March, Finland April may, Norway June July august, September Denmark/Germany tunnel 1st October, no plans after that ?

Geraldine

Just been to our first music festival at Ringwood. Music was NWOCR with AC/DC tribute and Pink Floyd tribute rounding off the evenings.
Great location. Large marque so no one got wet. Sound engineering was spot on.Lovely real ale.
Lovely promotors. Def one for next year.
Anyway looking at the New forest meet at the mo, just checking the dates before confirming.
Cheers. David.

jagmanx

Having almost sorted several minor admin issues and health checkups.
AND having repaired the Rooflight (thanks to AndyJanet) and subsequently sealed the roof/wall joins.
We are now booked to Calais a week today.
Back to Plan A France Switzerland Germany and ?.
Expect to return to UK early Sept
Will start blogging and photos once we have crossed to "Euroland"

Beemer

Free Member
keeping an eye on this thread, as we are off to Scotland this week, and it seems, are many others.
I don't want to crowd locations to a point where we upset the locals.
We are prepared to stay on sites if necessary.

dalspa

Graham,
Been following your travels around Brittany, great photos. Only managed a few days away this year, at Sutton on Sea in Lincolnshire about a month ago. Booked Newhaven ferry last week for 20th June, destination in France unknown as yet. Depending on weather we may go down to Loire and then La Rochelle area or Brittany. Looking forward to a rest as we have been busy working on late father in laws bungalow ready for moving. Don’t want to move before Autumn with lots to do (needs gutting as fil not had anything done on it since new 35 years ago). Not got present house on market yet, and got to buy out Anne’s sister on her half of bungalow.
Hoping also to go back to France in September and go back down to Med and then get on with work on bungalow. Nice to be retired!
David.
ps. In sorting through some old paperwork (starting to clear out my old office) I found the 1975 Waterski magazine with photo on Chasewater in it which I promised to send you, so will email it to you.

2cv

Off to Norfolk in a couple of weeks followed by a trip to London and on to an air display at Shuttleworth. Stop off at Blackpool on the way back. After a couple of weeks at home off to the IOM for the Classic tt. Next a week in Derbyshire then as it gets colder off without the van to California for a few weeks.
Winter plans are for a few trips around Scotland, nice and quiet here then.

grath

Graham,
Been following your travels around Brittany, great photos. Only managed a few days away this year, at Sutton on Sea in Lincolnshire about a month ago. Booked Newhaven ferry last week for 20th June, destination in France unknown as yet. Depending on weather we may go down to Loire and then La Rochelle area or Brittany. Looking forward to a rest as we have been busy working on late father in laws bungalow ready for moving. Don’t want to move before Autumn with lots to do (needs gutting as fil not had anything done on it since new 35 years ago). Not got present house on market yet, and got to buy out Anne’s sister on her half of bungalow.
Hoping also to go back to France in September and go back down to Med and then get on with work on bungalow. Nice to be retired!
David.
ps. In sorting through some old paperwork (starting to clear out my old office) I found the 1975 Waterski magazine with photo on Chasewater in it which I promised to send you, so will email it to you.
Hi David
Trust you are both well and I guess your south France will be towards Gruissan. Have a great time.
Look fwd to seeing the Chasewater Waterski part.
Retirement is do as you wish (y)

grath

Just remembered, I have a trip this coming Thursday to Travelworld Hymer Centre.
Our van is having a replacement shower tap fitted under warranty.
It has always dripped

grath

Been to Travelworld Hymer today and had a dripping shower head replaced under warranty.
Then fuelled and gassed up, ready for Solva in Wales

snapster

One big long trip,
Suffolk tomorrow, Norfolk beginning July , Nottingham mid July, Doncaster end july, Lancaster beggining august, Glasgow mid august, Doncaster end august, new truck beggining September, all sept reserved for truck shake down, 10 Oct tunnel to France then Germany for Oct nov dec, Xmas & new year Czech, Poland January, Lithuania Latvia February, estonia March, Finland April may, Norway June July august, September Denmark/Germany tunnel 1st October, no plans after that ?
Will the ending of free movement, assuming a no deal exit, around the EU and Shengen country time limits affect the length of your trip or will you need a visa for stays over 90 days?