Where have you been this year?

Pudsey Bear

My Google timeline alert popped up yesterday, I just opened it to see where we've been and although all UK we seem have wandered about a bit.

Ireland in September for four weeks hopefully so I'll have more little red dots.

Is there a way to increase its accuracy? as it has missed a few places we've been when I look closer day to day.

1688286094083.png

The last trip was a bit spensive but better on this one, what's the average Diesel price over there Trev? Similar I expect.

I was hoping to see where others have been, but nowt so far, Google Timeline is quite good for a free general none specific log it just needs activating as part of Google Maps, but I installed Relive yesterday for a better more accurate trip log.

I was hoping to see where others have been, but nowt so far, Google Timeline is quite good for a free general none specific log it just needs activating as part of Google Maps, but I installed Relive yesterday for a better more accurate trip log.
How do you activate it, or can you view it anyway, & how.
I don’t seem to be able to open the annual map🤔?

Not sure what you mean but it's part Google Maps which needs to be installed on the tablet or phone so I'd ask Google, and I'm unsure what annual map is.

It's a great free app and has many twiddly bits, street and satellite view etc, even 3D it works best with mobile data turned on and doesn't use much, but you can also download a pretty big map of the area you want to visit.

1688455694850.png

If you have GPS activated on your phone, it may well be recorded for you. I believe it is a google default. Just open Google and search for "My Timeline". If it is recorded, it will come up.

I find it isn't very accurate, even though GPS is turned on. It shows I went to Liverpool last sunday but I didn't even go as far as Birkenhead. One month it said I'd been to a place I hadn't been within 50 miles of. It sometimes shows miles cycled ??? I haven't ridden my bike for at least 6 years.

Bike might be a setting Caz, as for the mistook places it picks up on cell towers too so you may have passed one.

Barry uses an app called Relive which is very good, It's not free except to try, and I'm impressed enough I've bought it nd used it twice it is seriously good and by accident I found out if you take any pictures while out and about, as it passes the locations it pauses and flashes up the pictures.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back