Where to find parts for 2001 2.8 TDi Ducato?

GeoffL

Just put the van through its MOT and got back some advisories. Front brake pads are wearing thin, there's a little play in one of the steering joints, and some corrosion needs treating. However, the biggest 'gotcha' is that a power steering pipe is corroded and I'd like to get it replaced. The reason why it's a 'gotcha' is that the garage I used tells me that Fiat say the van was made in Brazil and the affected pipe is not available from Fiat! 😲

Any suggestions where I can get a replacement (either OEM or pattern)?

Thanks for looking

There are quite a few companies that will make a custom pipe for you, usually you send your old ones but if you can find one near to you it will be quicker, where are you located?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOSEQUIP said:
Description
Power Steering Pipes Made to Pattern

We can refurbish your old pipe and make up a new one to pattern,or if you have somthing that is not standard we can change the ends but will need patterns

Please contact us for further information.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

tridenthydraulics said:
Do you have a question about our products or are you after a custom quote? Whatever the reason we would be very happy to speak to you.
Email: info@tridenthydraulics.co.uk
Tel: 01926 811395
Google search

Last edited:
Try coastal motorhomes

On line parts

Here's another hope this helps

Many thanks. Much appreciated. <fe>FWIW, I particularly like the suggestion that I could replace the power steering pipe with a sausage or two cooked in a Ridge Monkey!</fe>
I'll see if I can get the Fiat part number from the garage and give your suggestions a try. My motorhome is one of the last TDi's (i.e. pre JTD) and the 2002-onward bits probably won't fit. However, PSS looks good.
Thanks again...

There are quite a few companies that will make a custom pipe for you, usually you send your old ones but if you can find one near to you it will be quicker
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks. There's no urgency for the advisories and so I'm looking to book the van in for up to a week in Sept/Oct as they'll need a few days to arrest the corrosion and underseal. If I can't get a part 'off the shelf' I'll pass that company's info to the garage in the hope they can get it sorted. Thanks again...

The 2.8 tdi might not be the 244, it could be an earlier marque. The Fiat Forum would be helpful if you are stuck.

The 2.8 tdi might not be the 244, it could be an earlier marque. The Fiat Forum would be helpful if you are stuck.
AFAICT, the 244 is the first of the JTDs and started production in 2002. Mine was first registered in 2001 and the front end was probably built in 1999 or 2000, so it is an earlier model.

Mine is a 2001 2.8JTD, Fiat fitted three different 2.8 engines between 2000 - 2001 but I would have thought that shouldn't matter with power steering pipes

the garage I used tells me that Fiat say the van was made in Brazil and the affected pipe is not available from Fiat! 😲

The Brazilian factory is Iveco so it might be worth checking if the pipe is an Iveco pipe, a lot of parts are the same or similar between the two but Iveco parts are sometimes cheaper

Many thanks. Much appreciated. <fe>FWIW, I particularly like the suggestion that I could replace the power steering pipe with a sausage or two cooked in a Ridge Monkey!</fe>
I'll see if I can get the Fiat part number from the garage and give your suggestions a try. My motorhome is one of the last TDi's (i.e. pre JTD) and the 2002-onward bits probably won't fit. However, PSS looks good.
Thanks again...
Oops😡

This is a useful page for Ducatos, I have used it a lot in identifying models. I have it bookmarked.

Thanks. I'd previously bookmarked that page and then forgot I had. FWIW, that page confirms a link to Iveco. Until now, I had no idea that my van chassis-cab had an Iveco engine or that it was probably assembled by Iveco.

I did a self build on Citroen Relay many body panels had Iveco embossed on them.

I am not entirely sure if they have other companies build bodies in other plants.

Just put the van through its MOT and got back some advisories. Front brake pads are wearing thin, there's a little play in one of the steering joints, and some corrosion needs treating. However, the biggest 'gotcha' is that a power steering pipe is corroded and I'd like to get it replaced. The reason why it's a 'gotcha' is that the garage I used tells me that Fiat say the van was made in Brazil and the affected pipe is not available from Fiat! 😲

Thanks for looking
Mine came from europarts standard off the shelf part even for my 2.8 fiat Ducato based 1999 LHD hobby. Only problem is LHD is a different pipe to RHD but eBay also has them.

If it is the solid pipes on the rack, like the pair in Gordon's post, just get a mobile mechanic to remove them and take them to any hydraulic workshop suppliers and they will make new ones for you. They may transfer the end fittings from the old to the new but it works. I did exactly this about a year ago. All up £90 for labour, new pipes and steering fluid. On a 2005 2.8jtd.

Cheers

H

Just had a look at post 4 from Gordon and the charge for making new pipes up for mine was £17.

Cheers

H

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back