Which club?

Beatrix

My MH purchase anniversary is coming up, so I'm thinking of changing from C&CC to maybe CMHC or another. I don't need insurance discount as mine(NFU) has been reduced by nearly £150 (why?)
I like to use campsites for only 1 or 2 nights usually, in the UK any time and Europe in winter mostly. 1 or 2 adults, no dogs.
Which club or list do you recommend?

We are happy with C&CC and despite the recent change of name are, I think, better than CAMC for motorhomes.
PS for many years we have only used the CS.
However post no 2 @mrtorchy is worth considering
South of Birmingham in England is a desert for decent POIs for overnights

I think it’s best to consider where you will be travelling in the UK and see who provides sites nearer to where you want to go. Don’t forget there are many independant sites around the country to consider too.
We live in France but travel to the UK occasionally to visit family and friends, sometines needing to stop on a site.
For us, we found C&CC sites nicer but swapped to CMC last year because they were the only club with site near where we wanted to stay.
They are both ( in our opinion) expensive.

I wouldn't renew membership to either of them.

I use the following :
Park4Night
Pitch Up
or simply Motorhomer Rally's
Yeah I use Park4Night a lot here and in Spain. Have contributed a few too. It does make me homesick for our old van though, which as a converted minibus with darkened windows could be parked anywhere. My current spacious luxury Autotrail 430se needs more space and easier drive ins. I have learned how to read between the lines and can understand most of the non English comments well too.

We are in both but over the last 2 years have only stayed at C&MC sites. The C&CC magazine is better (we think) but that's not enough to keep membership going so will probably drop the C&CC. We find the C&MC site near Folkestone to be really handy for the Chunnel.

With the C&CC you have to pay a deposit when you book (or at least you did when we went to sites) but don't in the C&MC. Also when we last tried to book a single night over a weekend in summer the C&CC site we chose (Devizes as we were en route to the west) would not allow single night bookings. To be fair that may be true of the C&MC club too, it's just that we havent come across it.

Do you folks remember the film The Life of Brian? It is a little reminiscent to me of the Judean Peoples Front and The People's Front of Judea
hehe.gif

My MH purchase anniversary is coming up, so I'm thinking of changing from C&CC to maybe CMHC or another. I don't need insurance discount as mine(NFU) has been reduced by nearly £150 (why?)
I like to use campsites for only 1 or 2 nights usually, in the UK any time and Europe in winter mostly. 1 or 2 adults, no dogs.
you will fine out ,when you pay, give me the 3 c's any time, but its up to you. ok pj.if you choose the wrong one, you want see us,a blessing.

With the C&CC you have to pay a deposit when you book (or at least you did when we went to sites) but don't in the C&MC.
For me this is a point in favour of C&CC. The popular C&MC sites get rammed full of ghost bookings where selfish members are covering the possibility that they might like to go there. They then cancel a few days before the booking, if the weather is looking unsettled, knowing they have another one or two in the bag for later on. Deposits cured this problem at the C&CC sites but apparently it would cause administrative problems for the C&MC.

We are in both but over the last 2 years have only stayed at C&MC sites. The C&CC magazine is better (we think) but that's not enough to keep membership going so will probably drop the C&CC......
Do you folks remember the film The Life of Brian? It is a little reminiscent to me of the Judean Peoples Front and The People's Front of Judea
hehe.gif
There’s alway the much smaller Judean Popular People's Front if you don’t like the 2 main ones......

Reactions: GMJ
When I lived out that way there used to be lots of camp sites
We've always camped at the Golden Swan at Wilcot for the last 15 years. I was born n grew up in Marlborough but haven't had friends or family to stay with for the last 10 yrs.

We are in both but over the last 2 years have only stayed at C&MC sites. The C&CC magazine is better (we think) but that's not enough to keep membership going so will probably drop the C&CC. We find the C&MC site near Folkestone to be really handy for the Chunnel.

With the C&CC you have to pay a deposit when you book (or at least you did when we went to sites) but don't in the C&MC. Also when we last tried to book a single night over a weekend in summer the C&CC site we chose (Devizes as we were en route to the west) would not allow single night bookings. To be fair that may be true of the C&MC club too, it's just that we havent come across it.

hehe.gif
Yeah I've had trouble booking at C&CC and don't like the jobworth attitude of the site manager at Moffat and others.

Have been in both clubs for many years. In normal times I use the CCC Temporary Holiday Sites in summer. £7-£14 a night always drinking water and Elsan disposal, sometimes other facilities. Normally no need to book, but this year the few that are opening after 1st August are booking needed.

Have been in both clubs for many years. In normal times I use the CCC Temporary Holiday Sites in summer. £7-£14 a night always drinking water and Elsan disposal, sometimes other facilities. Normally no need to book, but this year the few that are opening after 1st August are booking needed.
We went to a temporary CCC site near Oakham for the Bird fair last year. Great location and nice enough but pubs in the village closed at 8.30pm on a Saturday and the owner tried to overcharge me. I only paid what she advertised. Wondered why it was empty!!

I use the c&cc mainly for the temporary campsites, can be some good deals and a few of the club sites have motorhome stopover facilities which is useful when wilding.

We have been members of most of the clubs over the years , Caravan club, Motorhome club, Hymer Club, Hymer International , Happy weekenders etc and also The Camping and Caravan Club which is the best in my opinion, we are now Vintage members and love the Club, we use the weekend DA meets and Temporary Holiday sites CS sites and the 5 van sites rarely use the main sites unless there happens to be a Rally on one of them, we are happy with basic facilities as our van is fully equipped and very durable.I get Ferry and Train tickets from the CCC I have just Insured my van with them, I have my Bungalow insured with them too, you do not generally need to book rallies , meets or THS with them just turn up unless booking required as shown in the comprehensive Magazine and the OUT and ABOUT supplement, which is posted to you Monthly and can be viewed on line too, which has all the details of every meet , directions post code cost and info of any events that they may put on, no pressure to join in ,if you prefer not too. THS etc in it for the coming month which as a member you are entitled to attend, SO I think the CCC is the only club you will ever need, personal preference of course.

We are happy with C&CC and despite the recent change of name are, I think, better than CAMC for motorhomes.
PS for many years we have only used the CS.
However post no 2 @mrtorchy is worth considering
South of Birmingham in England is a desert for decent POIs for overnights
I've found some excellent overnight locations south of Birmingham in the WildCamping POIs, but south of Birmingham is a big area; perhaps you were looking in a different region to me.

why not try coast2coast 46, everingtons lane, skegness. pe251hn 01754 762-608 at £12 per night include ehu ok,pj its crackers

I've been in CAMC nearly 50 years, but only stay in for the CLs. The handbook is hopeless . . . can't make up its mind how to arrange CL site locations. The Android app is TERRIBLE! (Look at the reviews on Playstore). Joined C&CC to give more choice, and for cheap home insurance with 6 months unoccupied. Their app is much better.
We usually find what sites exist in an area using the excellent Search for Sites app, which shows club sites, pubs, parking etc

I’m a member of both I think they both have a range of great sites not so great sites and down right horrible sites but it’s what suits the individual and it’s great to have choice.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back