Which Windout awning ?

paulhelenwilko

Hello all,

we are looking to get a windout awning installed on our hymer coachbuilt. I wanted to ask for peoples opinions :

1/ Which manufacturer would you recomend ?

2/ If you had installed then by whom ?

3/ What length and depth did you go for ? Did you go for the max length that would fit ?

Look forward to hearing your experiences.

Paul and Helen.

I have had both Fiamma and Thule on MHs I have owned. Both came fitted. Both were 4.5m from memory. Both were just fine with little to choose tbh. The newer one was the Thule one and I prefer the drop down legs on that one over the Fiamma personally so if I had to choose I would go with Thule again I think.

Sorry I can't be of much help but I don't think you would be disadvantaged by either personally.

Graham

Our Fiamma 45 is fine
It is long enough to cover the hab door and covers 90% of the hab length.
Legs are OK
We also usually use tie-downs and always put it way overnight.
Even with the tie-downs it takes less than 5 mins.
Depending on sun and wind we sometimes open it by less than a metre to get shade and do not bother with the legs !

We’ve had 2 Thule 5 metre awnings and a Fiamma 45 on different vans.
Not much to choose between the two really.
The Fiamma was still working fine at 21 years old though we prefer the legs on the Thule awnings, but we haven’t seen a newer Fiamma unit to compare them to.

All these awnings were fitted from new.

Friends have a new van with a Thule.
We compared with our Fiamma.
Support beam that you add in the middle was just a sprung pole on Thule ... too much movement? Also Thule legs were spindlier. So we both thought the Fiamma marginally better ... though his was a lot cleaner!

Support beam that you add in the middle was just a sprung pole on Thule ... too much movement?

That's interesting. The sprung pole on ours has a foot at one end which sits in the MH/awning rail and a holder at the end of the awning. It takes a little effort to get it in place but is as solid as a rock when in.

Per
That's interesting. The sprung pole on ours has a foot at one end which sits in the MH/awning rail and a holder at the end of the awning. It takes a little effort to get it in place but is as solid as a rock when in.
perhaps their spring had sprung!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back