Who uses what brand of Fire stick??? Advice needed please

TrevandJenny

Thanks for all your satellite advice, Satellite not totally dismissed yet but overall winner seems to be use a fire stick, as I have not ever used one help required again please, I went straight to Amazon and found plenty, even some that had been modified, Mystified!!!! Why would you need a modified fire stick????.

Last edited by a moderator:
you can modify them to add apps Amazon won't otherwise allow or to load illegal streaming apps to bypass paying Sky and the like.
A lot of the channels they show in the photo are NOT free btw (at least not legally!)

I have a few Firesticks (none modified!) and Now TV boxes. (using Now TV right now to stream a program from the ITV Hub)

On the Firestick have Prime Movies, Britbox and Netflix as well as the various BBC, ITV, C4 and C5 on-demand stuff. Also use the Firestick to watch Youtube on a proper TV screen instead of a computer screen.
On the Now TV have Sky Cinema and the on-demand stuff

Last edited:
I’ve got a firestick and a now tv stick -I got Now stick to watch GoT a while back, when I went to cancel they gave me a good deal for 6 months so it’s now in my bedroom where there’s no aerial. I mostly use the fire stick. I modified it myself a while back using kodi and YouTube videos - before I got the now stick (to watch GoT) It was a bit complicated but I got there in the end. I downloaded a lot of channels I didn’t need. A lot of the content was poor quality and streaming sites would disappear or glitch a lot - it is after all pirate tv. I stopped using kodi in the end and got Now to save messing about. I’ve never used either in my van. Didn’t know you could get 4g.

I’ve got a firestick and a now tv stick -I got Now stick to watch GoT a while back, when I went to cancel they gave me a good deal for 6 months so it’s now in my bedroom where there’s no aerial. I mostly use the fire stick. I modified it myself a while back using kodi and YouTube videos - before I got the now stick (to watch GoT) It was a bit complicated but I got there in the end. I downloaded a lot of channels I didn’t need. A lot of the content was poor quality and streaming sites would disappear or glitch a lot - it is after all pirate tv. I stopped using kodi in the end and got Now to save messing about. I’ve never used either in my van. Didn’t know you could get 4g.
... the Now stick has apps for Prime which is good. I use Netflix, Prime, Now entertainment pass Spotify and the usual BBCiplayer / sounds, ITV hub, All4, etc.

I have an Amazon Firestick, it's a few years old now, but move from home to motorhome when we go away. Our home TV isn't that smart and the Avtex isn't smart at all.

We use it you all sorts of viewing, look up "Side Load" of apps to install apps not offered by Amazon.

Think you may mean 4K rather than 4g?
I have a Firestick in the van and another in the house. I will often just use the Firestick for watching programs in the van rather than terrestrial tv as you can watch what you want when you want rather than waiting.
Both of mine are the series 2 (I think) none 4K as they use less data and picture quality good enough for my eyes. I do have an Amazon echo dot in the van so could use that for voice control if I wanted to.
If I wanted another I would just go for the cheapest at the time, Amazon quite often do deals with good reductions, next May be Easter

A nice feature of the firestick is (or possibly used to be? might have removed it?) is that you can choose the picture quality based on the data consumption. So if you are in a poorer signal area, you can lower it to help buffering issues, or if you have a limited data package, you can make it go further by reducing the quality.
(I tried different settings ages ago and I couldn't see much difference at all in the picture).

Think you may mean 4K rather than 4g?
I have a Firestick in the van and another in the house. I will often just use the Firestick for watching programs in the van rather than terrestrial tv as you can watch what you want when you want rather than waiting.
Both of mine are the series 2 (I think) none 4K as they use less data and picture quality good enough for my eyes. I do have an Amazon echo dot in the van so could use that for voice control if I wanted to.
If I wanted another I would just go for the cheapest at the time, Amazon quite often do deals with good reductions, next May be Easter
4K, Stupid me thank you nabsim

I've got one for my cb radio
A couple quick questions, back in the day (late 60’s early 70’s) I was heavily into cb radio, initially on the American 40+, so question 1
Is there still ANY people still using them AM or FM

2/ you mentioned “firestick” are they still available ? If so are there still the various lengths
Tia

A couple quick questions, back in the day (late 60’s early 70’s) I was heavily into cb radio, initially on the American 40+, so question 1
Is there still ANY people still using them AM or FM

2/ you mentioned “firestick” are they still available ? If so are there still the various lengths
Tia
If I recall correctly ( late 60`s early 70`s into 80s ) a Firestick was a TWIG (Ariel) and a cb was a RIG ( Radio Transmitter ), I had a 40 channel AM Midland then a 120 channel AM Sommerkamp, Those were the days, sunglasses & teashirts, we were young and keen Keep on trucking then, a good trip was London Tehran London in just 16 days on trip money, now Kent to Scotland 3 weeks or longer in the MH, No hurry now.
Interesting thing is my truck then a Volvo F88 was 240hp, Our MH is 160hp how times a changing!!!!!

Last edited:
Best thing to do Sir, posting things of such nature should be taboo as everyone will try it, and before long another good thing lost. Quietly look on you tube.

Amazon fire for us works great home or eu. With our unlimited data deal from virgin just perfic

Amazon fire stick plugs in to tv hdmi .
12v usb .no need for ehu.
Depending on the TV, you may be able to plug the cable for the power into a USB socket on the TV as well (that is how I have mine powered in the MH). Keeps cabling tidy and if you unplug the TV when not in use, also removes power to firestick of course

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back