Why so much !

• Thread starter Deleted member 3181
  • Start date

Deleted member 3181

Hi all
Wanting to get a towbar for the moho,why are ones for cars and vans about £160 but the moho one is £600 mark ?
Surely the princables are the same, 2 bits of metal bolted to the chassis and a cross member with the tow ball on it...… just cant understand why they are4 times the price.
…………….rant over lol

Err, when I was looking for one for my car the cheapest was about £600 and hardly any choice, it was a new model but had been out about 6 months at the time though

If registered after 29th October 2012 cost could be due to type approval? It is fairly expensive to attain for vehicles with small sales quantity. I suspect the electrics alone, including fitting, would cost about £160 as an intermediate box of tricks is required.

Might be too far from you but worth call8ng Mick Parkinson he’s based near Blackpool 07887 997653

yes Wooie it is, its the Rg model with the electric rise and fall fixed bed with a huge Garage (y)20180817_182447 (1).jpg

I just welded one up but then my wagon is 2000 year, my car however is as said not tested to have a bar which is doing my head in,nearly all cars here have a t/bar for a trailer,where else would you put the motherinlaw.

Not the same Wooie.......you got a tow bar :confused: lol
This is our first moho, couple of little problems like middle door over cab has been removed for a tv, got the door but no hinges, one of the fly screen clips broken etc but we are loving it ?

It was manufactured in Aug 2006 and first registered in May 2007 when we got it new from a local dealer.

We`ve done over 78,000 miles now in the UK and Europe and the biggest most expensive problem was the front hub bearings needed replacing.

They started grumbling / playing up down near Cahors in Southern France and they cost over 1,500 euros to get repaired at the Peugeot dealer.

I`ve done numerous upgrades including air suspension which helps the rear overhang especially going on and off Scottish ferries.

I also uprated the GVW from 3,850 kg to 4,100kg to give it a usable payload because when loaded it was slightly overweight on the rear axle.

All of the 250kg uprate went on the rear so it`s now comfortably within peramaters and legal again.

I don`t know whereabouts in the country you are but Michael Parkinson is in Freckleton not far from Blackpool, Lancashire.

The job only takes a couple of hours being on the ALKO chassis as he has them in stock and they just bolt straight on with no cuts needed.

He`ll lend you a car to have a look round in and the aire at Lytham St. Annes is only 10-15 minutes away if you need to stay over.

http://www.fylde.gov.uk/resident/parking/motorhomesandothervehicles/

If you need any info / advice on your new motorhome PM me and we`ll converse that way instead of on here.

I literally know Compass Castaway`s inside out having done so many repairs and upgrades to it myself.

I have a 2009 Chausson with the Fiat chassis rails only which stop short of the back of the mh. I had to get a company to extend the chassis, full width stainless steel covered rear bar, ball and electrics which came to around £800. It has a plate riveted on with our reg no, weights etc. We tow a big (Blue Line - pretty light) box trailer pretty regularly. Very simple to remove in a oner if need be. Bob.

I need to fit a towbar
No electics
Simply to add a roller to the bottom of the towbar to prevent damage when grounding
Gloucester area or Swindon or Maidenhead
BUT anywhere where they can do a good job at a sensible price
See SkidWheels post on WC

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back