Wild camping Ireland

MOJO

Free Member

10 May
Wild camp opportunities on Rosguill Peninsula ,Ireland with great scenery on our way to Fanad Head lighthouse . However as it's Friday we have decided to stay at the Singing Pub who encourage vans to visit.Arriving early gave us the chance to get the bikes off for the circular but hilly 9 mile Atlantic Drive route around the headland.Last night we used Donaghey Motorhomes car park at Letterkenny after being invited to use their facilities by the salesman who I failed to ask his name but thanks.Then a Hymer Owners Club forum member invited us to use his driveway tonight,thanks Simon.That must be the often mentioned Irish friendly welcome.IMG_20190510_123625.jpgIMG_20190510_123753.jpgIMG_20190510_162829.jpgIMG_20190510_162712.jpg

18 May
Dodgy local advice .Just about to depart our wild camp spot at Old Head in County Mayo when a local fellow motorhomer adviced I stick to the N5 main road south as my planned R335 road was so difficult he would not attempt it in his pvc .
Taking in to account our two weeks experience of these quiet roads I am very glad we ignored his concerns.
Fabulous scenery on a road even coaches use.
Eventually arrived at the far too busy to park Cong famous for the QUIET MAN movie .West to Clifden and a great wild spot on a spit of land by the RNLI a few km out of town . No problem with the scooter and enjoyed more traditional music in one of the many bars.IMG_20190518_101612.jpgIMG_20190518_211256.jpg

10 May
Wild camp opportunities on Rosguill Peninsula ,Ireland with great scenery on our way to Fanad Head lighthouse . However as it's Friday we have decided to stay at the Singing Pub who encourage vans to visit.Arriving early gave us the chance to get the bikes off for the circular but hilly 9 mile Atlantic Drive route around the headland.Last night we used Donaghey Motorhomes car park at Letterkenny after being invited to use their facilities by the salesman who I failed to ask his name but thanks.Then a Hymer Owners Club forum member invited us to use his driveway tonight,thanks Simon.That must be the often mentioned Irish friendly welcome.View attachment 45566View attachment 45567View attachment 45568View attachment 45569

Get your ass round to the nat park and dunlewey centre beside mount errigal,also not forgetting the famine village at dough island.

autumncastle.jpgblueglen.jpgcastle-8.jpgcastle-10.jpgdun l 15 c.jpgpics28-9-09715.jpgScreenshot-2017-12-27 Doagh Famine Village Visitor Centre Irish Historical Tour.pngScreenshot-2017-12-27 Doagh Famine Village Visitor Centre Irish Historical Tour(2).pngScreenshot-2017-12-27 Guided Tours Doagh Famine Village Visitors Centre.png

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back