"Wild" touring of The Netherlands

Nick-Mandy

So.... after months of anguish not knowing if our August trip to Holland is on or off, finally the Dutch government is allowing us to hoilday in their lovely country. The museums and parks are open and we won't have to quarantine for 14 days. On the government website they say that we have to tell immigration where we are staying over the 10 days we are there. This is clearly for airline passengers and doesn't mention anything about caravan or motorhomes. I haven't booked up any campsites and want to wild camp. Do you think I will be okay with no prior campsite booked up?

Holland is not keen on wild camping in fact I think it’s illegal they don’t enforce it to hard but the way things are lately with this Covid thing they might be more inclined to give you a dig for it. Most of the campsites I have seen have separate bits for motorhomes usually as you drive in There’s a place set aside for mhs these areas are usually at a reduced rate about half what they charge for a serviced pitch. Hope you have a good time and work it out 👍

Tricky question.

We've only camped in, or passed through the Netherlands between April and May, because we know the place can be rammed in August. During the months we have visited we have sometimes found places we have previously considered, to be already full. From our travels, and the knowledge of better experienced campers, it's not easy to Wild Camp there.

Sorry if it's not the answer you wanted, but it's our experience.

Agree with above re wilding ... a few aires and marinas but now it’s summer they will be rammed. And campsites booked up. If you have dogs, go elsewhere.

We stopped at SAS van gent last summer, a big area at the side of canals
, lovely town must of been 100 Van's but still loads of space

Yes I,d give Holland a miss if you expect to wildcamp even the dutch don,t stay there And sites in August especially this year will need booking. Why not forget your travels for this year there,ll be other years

Our Dutch friends tell us that ALL the campsites are full, people staying in there own country.
There are a few Aires but they are likely to be full too.
Marinas are usually a good bet as they use the space where boats are stored when out of the water BUT these places are also full.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back