WildeSquirrell Safety Socket

SquirrellCook

After throwing a few ideas around with wildebus I decided to see if I could economically produce a mains hookup connector that checked.
1. Is the polarity correct.
2. Is there any power or fault.

A green light tells you that you hook up is safe to plug into your motorhome.
A red lights tells you that the supply is reversed and you shouldn't use it.
No lights, and there is another problem.

Yes I know there are mains checking plugs, but by the time you have an answer it's plugged in!

IMG_0259[1].JPG

What a damn good idea. Take my money, I want one.

Lol.

What I actually want is the clear cover, and I'll butcher a 3 neon socket tester :)

What a damn good idea. Take my money, I want one.

Lol.

What I actually want is the clear cover, and I'll butcher a 3 neon socket tester :)
That was the whole point, to make something simple that wasn't dangerous.
The circuit for a 3 lamp tester is easy to find and the components are cheap, you don't have to butcher anything.
Once you start to pack it with components, it stops being diy assembly as you know what "sexy fingers" can do.

You can actually self certify a product, something like this would only need a small file of information keeping on record.

Or, you could do what the Chinese often do and put the mark on there anyway.... lol
I wonder how many people know what "CE" really stands for?

Chinese Engineering :poop:

I have never required to use mine as i dont so far been in a camp site, but maybe when this crap is over i may go overseas.

I’ve never experienced a problem, but it’s rare for me to hook up. This was just a simple idea to help stop natural selection. Cheaper and safer than many other options. I have no commercial interest in this other than I might knock a couple week. Any more would promote my suicidal tendencies. If you knew what I did for a living you’d see this was done out of kindness.

Only in a commercial environment as every portable electrical product does even from new.
PAT testing isn't a legal requirement, it's just happens to be the best way for an employer to meet their obligations on protecting employees.

Regards,
Del

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back