Wind out awning

Wandering scots

Hi there looking for the name or whereabouts I can get the feet for my wind out awning that drill into hard standing

thanks in advance

👍😚

Assuming that you don't mean a concrete or tarmac hard standing which is not common, then Towsure are often recommended:

Everyone's needs are different but I always wind my awning in each night as it takes only moments and I don't want it wrapped over my roof. 🙂

I wonder whether you mean "Wurmi" pegs? The Peggy pegs @AllanD mentions are similar.

FWIW, I use Kampa "Tarzan" rock pegs. These aren't screw in but they do the job. If you go this route, a tip is to use a loop of stout string to help extract them from difficult ground.

I bought some aluminium plates that fit around the base feet of my wind out awning; they are around 6 inches square with a slot for sliding over the awning feet cut out of them. They have 5 holes for pegs to be used. I cant remember where I got them now but it was thorough a forum. They slot around the feet of the awning. I carry a 2.4lb lump hammer for use on hard standing (obviously not concrete or tarmac) and buy the heaviest pegs that I can get my hands on for around a quid a pop. I have not been defeated yet!

I also carry a claw hammer to get the buggers back out of particularly grabby ground.

I bought some aluminium plates that fit around the base feet of my wind out awning; they are around 6 inches square with a slot for sliding over the awning feet cut out of them. They have 5 holes for pegs to be used. I cant remember where I got them now but it was thorough a forum. They slot around the feet of the awning. I carry a 2.4lb lump hammer for use on hard standing (obviously not concrete or tarmac) and buy the heaviest pegs that I can get my hands on for around a quid a pop. I have not been defeated yet!

I also carry a claw hammer to get the buggers back out of particularly grabby ground.
I find a French claw hammer good enough for insertion and withdrawal. I have a pack of 6 heavy duty spiral pegs (less than €3 from the Fereteria at Benicarlo) for daily use, plus a box of about 20 less aggressive pegs, a hangover from the days of caravan awnings

Steve

I find these quite good - https://amzn.to/3ctCNVG
You can hammer them in still where the ground allows but you can also use an power drill (ideally an impact driver) to go in and more critically remove. A lot less effort than just pulling out.

(when to these after I broke a lump hammer trying to hammer in pegs in a field in Alnwick)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back