Windows

Woodsmoke

Free Member

I have a 2005 fiat ducato van that was converted into a camper it has old caravan windows fitted but l am wanting to upgrade these to something a bit more modern but l am having trouble finding glass/windows van pimps and such do not do any to fit a van of this age. So any help guidance would be much appreciated.

Seitz or other makers are the way to go,can be got s/hand as mine cost me £50 for two,expensive if the get broken mind you but double glass is the way,never single as water will be running down them like a river and cold also.

I doubt it Nige, if indeed the panel van conversion was done using 2nd hand caravan windows as very few of them are to standard Seitz sizes.

It might need a partial strip out to fit new windows.

This is the kind of question @Woodsmoke that you might have more successfully answered over on our sister site (FREE) www.motorhomebuilder.com
i should have said- the aperture would need enlarging and squaring off to suit the seitz window .
seitz window sizes are the size of the cutout needed, add another 25mm all round for outer frame size .
personally , i'd leave well enough alone ,i like caravan windows and i don't like seitz prices !

I don’t know where about you are but have a at this link they are probery the cheapest for Sitez windows you can check the size you need

Alf

I have a 2005 fiat ducato van that was converted into a camper it has old caravan windows fitted but l am wanting to upgrade these to something a bit more modern but l am having trouble finding glass/windows van pimps and such do not do any to fit a van of this age. So any help guidance would be much appreciated.

I have had a single glazed window fitted into the side of a van by a local glazing company held with rubber strip like used for some windscreens they cut out the side of van cut toughened glass to fit all done in a afternoon

I have had a single glazed window fitted into the side of a van by a local glazing company held with rubber strip like used for some windscreens they cut out the side of van cut toughened glass to fit all done in a afternoon
Cold though in winter.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back