Wiper blades

Carrerasax

Which are the best make & type.
I Have been disappointed with the quality of wipe on the n/s the of my fiat ducato, if it were lhd even worse!!!!
Where the screen bends they leave a very patchy smear!
Any opinions for source and advice welcome.

It could just be that your screen and blades need a good clean
Usually pretty good at cleaning screen it seems to be more that wiper doesn't wrap around the curvature of the side of screen towards the outer end if the wiper!!!

You need a good quality blade, Bosch or Valeo, don’t go for the one size fits all cheapies you can get off eBay.

I agree with other comments, Bosch are well worth the extra cost.

I have started putting protective covers on my wipers when parked up. Good blades are expensive but the sun degrades them long before wet weather use wears them out.

In my experience, Bosch are better than no-name generics and not a lot more expensive.
But anything more expensive than that is a total waste of money.
Buy cheapish ones and replace them regularly.

Last edited:
I have started putting protective covers on my wipers when parked up. Good blades are expensive but the sun degrades them long before wet weather use wears them out.
Even more faff.
In winter I sometimes remember to put a cork under each wiper to stop the blade from freezing to the screen.
Positioned carefully, it will simply fall off when I forget and drive off then switch the wipers on.

I got Bosch with a 50% discount with euro parts delivered free in 3 days but fittings don’t seem to work!!!!!! Grrrrrrr

I got Bosch with a 50% discount with euro parts delivered free in 3 days but fittings don’t seem to work!!!!!! Grrrrrrr
I've had the same trouble with euro car parts in Truro had the part that I removed with me for comparison and they tried to tell me it was the wrong part for my van. Had to get the manager an he was just as bad offered me extra discount no thought of getting me the right part.

The best wipers I have ever had were DIY ones. You get a box with a number of long strips of rubber blade and metal backing strips. You cut them to length and fit them in the existing frame. They lasted 3 or 4 times longer than ready made ones.

Euro Car Parts / Car Parts 4 Less are great so as long as you know exactly what you need (y)

Using the automated parts finder via the registration number can be a bloody nightmare if your vehicle is right on the point of a model change o_O

My 2006 X244 Peugeot Boxer 2 comes up as a 2007 X250 Peugeot Boxer 3 because it was only first registered on the 1st May 2007 :mad:

8 quid for a couple of bags. Wow lol.

I have never seen wiper covers before!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back