Wire diagram

Hotrats13

Does anyone have a digram of how to connect a volt/amp lcd meter to two leasure batteries ? please and thankyou for any advice.

assuming you have the two batteries connected as a battery bank ...

This is what I would do in terms of Batteries and BMV-712 (using 2nd input for Starter Battery)
1599868455881.png

To complete the info:
ALL ground/0VE connections MUST, without exception, go onto the LOAD side of the Shunt, and never on the BATTERY side. If they are out on the BATTERY side, any current out or in on that connection is not picked up by the BMV Monitor and so the Current and SOC data will not be accurate.
The 'Emergency Cutoff' or Isolation Switch is not essential, but is a good idea to have in a setup. The BMV power is connected to the battery rather than on the other side of the cutoff for both better accuracy (as picks up voltage right at the battery) and also keeps power to the monitor if the switch is turned off (otherwise, the monitor will lose power and when reset, will typically have the SOC reset to 100%)

Last edited:
If you haven't bought a meter, the smartshunt is in stock at onboard. You don't get a display with that one, but it does do Bluetooth.

Easier to wire and cheaper, if you're not fussed about the display.

If you haven't bought a meter, the smartshunt is in stock at onboard. You don't get a display with that one, but it does do Bluetooth.

Easier to wire and cheaper, if you're not fussed about the display.
For someone who has other Victron kit and is used to using the App, the SmartShunt is a good option with a significant saving in money (y)

Have you bought a cheep Chinese monitor without instruction if so fitting instructions on you tube

Is the SmartShunt a stand alone Battery monitor, or do you have to integrate it was other Victron kit?
think of it like a headless BMV Monitor.
So you can integrate with other Victron stuff and use the VRM system as an all-singing, all -dancing type setup, or just as a standalone battery state of charge monitor.
When I said "if you have other victron kit ...." I was thinking more of if you are used to using their app to monitor the Solar for example.
if you are the type of person who is "app-orientated" and likes to use the phone, it is a great unit for the price :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back