Wireless reversing cameras

MykCamper

Wireless reversing cameras

Anyone fitted a wireless reversing camera?
How are they connected up to power?
eBay advertised ones, any recommendations?
Are they reliable and worth fitting?
Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I connected my reversing camera to the reversing light on my valentine so if i was reversing it came on i got it off ebay quite cheap
edit i had the screen conected to a 12v cigerette lighter plug
on my surf i wired it all through to the courtesy light so it would go off with the ignition

kyran

Last edited:
Friend has a Garmin Sat Nav with the Garmin wireless reverse camera attached, works fine when I’ve seen it. Van is a 7.5m coachbuilt.

Had a wireless system worked fine most of the time but the signal can be iffy the picture would break up or disappear occationally ...hard wired it in the end much more reliable .Picked the feed up for the camera from the rear lights (not the reverse lights ) then if you ever need to check your bikes on the back or whose lurking in your blind spot whilst your travelling just turn on the side lights.At night if the screen is bothering you just turn off the screen .. Got mine off ebay cheap never been a problem you can pay silly money for some and they look just like the ebay Chino versions. IMO

I've not tried the wireless types as even the more expensive one are not that good I've heard, so I always got for the £30+ ones, never had a problem, easy to wire, camera is powered by the reversing light connection, monitor from the ign live, cable is quite thin so easy to run with a bit of forethought.

Take a look on eBay of the ones that fit in number plate bracket .friends got one great view..not wireless yuk

Phillybarbour;n32149 said:
Friend has a Garmin Sat Nav with the Garmin wireless reverse camera attached, works fine when I’ve seen it. Van is a 7.5m coachbuilt.
That is the system I have, using the Garmin Camper 660.
I think it is an excellent system - good quality image and the gridline positions are adjustable so I was able to move the lines to account for the extra protusion of my rear door mounted Spare Wheel - and the same could be done for say those very extended cycle racks.

Recommended :)

Tried various cheap jobbies all rubbish,can’t beat hard wired.
Cheers for now
Gray

Wow Garmin Avtex Camper 660 me too yeah its the mutts nuts but by the way I would Highly recommend that you WIRE It in rather than use wifi for not only your own health but its naff too as said above its iffy at times
I got my tiny cam & pop up screen from ebay real cheap but the image omg cant beat it
Reversing lanes amber then RED if you go into RED you just hit somat or about to
The camera I mounted ontop of rear "bumper" just below reg No & its only an inch sqr too with 4 LEDs for night time & its clear as a bell I swear
Same as above used in my case wiring for sensors at rear which only become live in Reverse & then ran the wires (you get 5 or 6 mtrs which I had to extend a tad) & ran the wires in the longitudinal underneath then came up under side seat where water tank is then fwd around plastic trim joints door frame under dash
I was gonna get live from radio which is independent Of ignition but you get interference on radio so used cigarette lighter for now
And it has NEVER let me down always a crisp clear pic then I simply push down display into a neat package on dash
I will give link to ebay if anyone is interested

I have a Garmin wireless reversing camera mounted on my number plate. I have it wired into my rear lights so I can use it any time, works perfectly albeit the picture is not the best.

Is your Garmin rev camera the BC20 or BC30?

My BC20 stopped working so I fitted a new camera. I am thinking of mounting the Garmin in another place but hard wiring it into the spare AV on my Monitor. As you say, it is a lot of money for a poor quality camera.

Is your Garmin rev camera the BC20 or BC30?

My BC20 stopped working so I fitted a new camera. I am thinking of mounting the Garmin in another place but hard wiring it into the spare AV on my Monitor. As you say, it is a lot of money for a poor quality camera.
BC20

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back