Work/Countertop

The link only shows a log in page for a forum I am not on! Try again- do you know how to upload a picture?

You will need to join planks together to get the 600mm deep so maybe the boards from B&Q will do the job.
If you haven't the tools to machine the planks, I would find a local timber yard and see if they can help.
As you can see from the price above it won't be a cheap work top.

Lee;n29920 said:
You will need to join planks together to get the 600mm deep so maybe the boards from B&Q will do the job.
If you haven't the tools to machine the planks, I would find a local timber yard and see if they can help.
As you can see from the price above it won't be a cheap work top.

If you've got a diamond card you can get 10% off on a wednesday. You will probably find it cheaper at a local timber yard

There is also an online store called the wood place.com- I have no connection with them but just googled it today. They sell fantastic looking pieces of a type you may be looking for. B and Q wouldn't come near this stuff- take a look and you'll see.

Thanks for replies.

Yes, Waney Edge is what I am after. I didn't know it was called that, so that will be very helpful in trying to source. Cheers for links and ideas - I will look at those :)

I think you will need to treat the waney edge, as they tend to come off as the wood dries, but it will need treating anyway to avoid food etc going into it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back