xmas dinner. ???

rugbyken

xmas dinner. ???

Attachments

• photo1302.jpg
    photo1302.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1
One year. The turkey was off so I had to use corned beef.
ive just bought a Christmas chicken dinner from Morrison's fir the reduced price if £1.88. bargain.
2 chicken portions wrapped in bacon, 2 chipolata, 2 stuffing balls and chicken gravy.
That'll do me for Christmas.... Sorted.?

Remind me of my brother and his wife back in the 80`s.

They always used to cook the turkey on christmas eve, pop it in the oven then go to the pub and it was ready when they got back at closing time.

One year they popped it in the nice brand new built in oven ( boy how they bragged about it ) they`d bought and off they went to the pub.

A neighbour came into the pub a couple of hours later saying their smoke alarm was bleeping like mad.

They`d turned the grill element on instead of the main oven element :b0230:

I go out and buy xmas dinner ,saves me the bother of cooking and i do like a day off once a year.

I love Christmas dinner, although not a great fan of Turkey.

We usually have Goose or a 3 bird roast, but this year we are having a large Chicken and a roast Pork joint from a local butcher.

All the kids and grandkids come to ours, the blokes go down the pub for a couple of liveners, then we trough.

Jugged hare again this year although couldn't get the all the blood so will make it up with rabbit blood and port. We told Louise when she was little that it was Latvian chicken, she loved it but went off it when the truth came out when she was older!

My most memorable christmas dinner was when I was a child. A few days before the big day there was some sort of poultry show held in Leeds. One of the classes was for the largest dressed turkey. At the end they auctioned off all the birds. The winner was so big that no one wanted to buy it, so was knocked down for next to nothing, to my dad. I remember walking back to the car, with the turkey over my dad's shoulder in a sack, very Santa like. I don't remember what it weighed but I'm guessing that it was 30/35 pounds. As I remember christmas dinner was later in the day that year,.......and seemed to go on till the end of January.:smile:

trevskoda;n15236 said:
I go out and buy xmas dinner ,saves me the bother of cooking and i do like a day off once a year.

What every year!!!

never been a fan of turkey my grandad used to be a brewer and took the mashing home two wheelbarrows full every day fed pigs rabbits and chickens on it , as kids we used to go over and fetch a cockerel every year didn’t know why it tasted so good then years later we used to get capons now banned that we’re nearly as good now it’s a fresh turkey and pork loin ,

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back