Were off to the nether regions at some point today.

Not on the Cam but very close.

I never give out my locations until we've left.

51.180129, -1.829761
I'm grateful for the effort Kev, but those are the coords for the little parking spot adjacent Stonehenge. I appreciate the effort, but realise it can be tricky to do whilst on the move.

Thanks again for trying. 👍

Yeah but yours is a bloody truck Trev.

26mpg is totally unacceptable for a 2.2 I keep as neat to 2k revs as traffic allows which is sub 50mph most of the time.

I'll check my numbers again when we stop, heading towards Cheltenham is right now, just topped for a coffee nr MK.

I'm grateful for the effort Kev, but those are the coords for the little parking spot adjacent Stonehenge. I appreciate the effort, but realise it can be tricky to do whilst on the move.

Thanks again for trying. 👍
Hmm I may have had something copied, it is a current WC SPOT 🤔

No idea how the co ords got stonehenge as we haven't been there or copied the map ref.

Should be this one

52.121269, 0.022843

I Fubared 🤭🤫🤔

Typo phat phingers at work.

Should have been

Dunno what the MPG comes out at, 75.49ltr @£1.68.9

NOT
Dunno what the MPG comes out at, 85.49ltr @£1.68.9

In our various 2.8 Jtd vans we got around 400 miles per tank full, this one driving steady as I always do as we're on holiday I get 450 to 500, so it still seems low, would lack of a service make that much difference? Never serviced a van ever, I won't buy one unless they have a fully stamped up book, this one is an aberration to that rule

Has anyone been onto the Drove road at Stonehenge lately is it still open for WC?

Has anyone been onto the Drove road at Stonehenge lately is it still open for WC?
Yes it’s open, don’t go in from Larkhall end at the moment as it’s a bit of a mess, no, it’s a lot of a mess, go in from 303 end.

I will be there in a couple of days ready for Imbolc ceremony on 4th Feb, over at Westbury at the moment

Looked online and it says its dangerous to come in from the 303

In our various 2.8 Jtd vans we got around 400 miles per tank full, this one driving steady as I always do as we're on holiday I get 450 to 500, so it still seems low, would lack of a service make that much difference? Never serviced a van ever, I won't buy one unless they have a fully stamped up book, this one is an aberration to that rule
We have the 90 litre fuel tank, Kev, and I work on a safe 400 miles before refilling; this equates to the fuel gauge sitting on the edge of 1/4 full, but the refill is usually no more than 63 litres. I've averaged 29.46mpg over 9723 miles, and, like you, drive around the 200 to 2200rpm most of the time. The engine had covered only 8767 miles when we bought Brunhilde at 5 years old [very little service history other than the Hab Checks Reports!], and the engine was really tight. It loosened quite a lot [relatively speaking] at 10,000 miles and again around the 15,000 mark. She's covered 18490 miles now [recent mileage has just been the 25-30 miles engine warm up runs], so I expect the current tank mpg to be very low, and the engine to free up a lot more once the 20,000 miles passes.

I find that the engine feels sluggish, even when the temp gauge reads warm after 10-15 miles, and then at around 20 miles, it suddenly wakes up and pulls much better [I keep the oil temperature gauge on display in the car, and after 20 miles the oil is around the 100 degrees mark].

I am paranoid about servicing schedules, both distance and replacement of filters etc. The almost 10,000 miles we've covered since purchase have been 6 journeys of around 1000 miles to France and Spain and then a number of relatively short trips to the next Aire, so the oil and filters will get a fair amount of crud building up. I expected to cover 10,000 miles per annum, but Covid/buggered ECU and last week's health problems have kept the annual mileage down to around 6,000, making the £375 main service more expensive per mile than I anticipated, but still a sound investment for peace of mind!

If I could mprove my stress per gallon to over 12, I'd probably be a wee bit healthier ... :rolleyes:

Steve

Looked online and it says its dangerous to come in from the 303
.?.?? You are only allowed to turn left on to the drove from the 303 not heading from Amesbury, don’t know why they would say it’s dangerous. There is a fair pothole when you leave going on to the 303 as you have to turn left only. In other words no crossing the carriageway.

By all means go on from Larkhall if you wish , (that’s my usual choice) but friends who are there a lot and as recently as yesterday have advised I enter from the 303. Lots of rain, lots of frosts and the 4x4 and moto cross guys have made it hellish by all accounts

@marchie , you haven’t quite done 10k miles yet in 5 years, is that correct? I have done over 25k in less time Justin the U.K. lol. Get it used man!

@marchie , you haven’t quite done 10k miles yet in 5 years, is that correct? I have done over 25k in less time Justin the U.K. lol. Get it used man!
Not quite that bad, Neil! We bought Brunhilde in April 2021 when she was almost 5 years old, and have covered 9,723 miles in just over 21 months. But I expected to have travelled about 18,000 miles by now! :rolleyes:

Steve

Not quite that bad, Neil! We bought Brunhilde in April 2021 when she was almost 5 years old, and have covered 9,723 miles in just over 21 months. But I expected to have travelled about 18,000 miles by now! :rolleyes:

Steve
My mistake, I read your post as 5 years ago instead of 5 years old. Keep it up when you can 👍😁

No idea how the co ords got stonehenge as we haven't been there or copied the map ref.

Should be this one

52.121269, 0.022843
You are a star and a scholar Kev. 👍

I've tramped with Yvonne all around the villages in that area, but I've never seen that little gem. Thank you again! I'll use it when next in the area.

28,000 miles in just under 4 years for us so far :)

I think I'll give the henge a miss, I dated a lady 17 years ago who gave me a personal guided tour of all the circles and I'm not going to get better access than that, I sometimes wonder how she's doing now, she was a truly lovely lady, but the distance killed it.

Are both Severn bridges free now?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back