2024 France/Spain Tour.

It is hard to see. Thee is a colony of ants 🐜 going about their business in a structured order for the benefit of their colony. Wouldn’t it be great if our politicians did the same?

It’s amazing what you can learn from viewing a colony of ants.IMG_6160.jpeg

Worker ants are all sterile females. No female hormones, so they just do what they have to do without histrionics.
Politicians are mostly males with a trouser full of testosterone (or in some cases oestrogen?) There are a few females who are full of oestrogen AND testosterone and they hate males.
Sir Thomas Moore (before losing his head to the axe of our 'Enery the Eighth, wrote “Anyone who campaigns for public office becomes disqualified for holding any office at all.”
Astute chap was our Thomas!
Ants have their brains in their heads; Politicians (if they have any?) have their brains in their trousers, either front or back!

It really is dramatic scenery here. Tomorrow early, we’ll tour the fortifications, and my goal is to reach the very top, the castle, which is a tad below 2000 metre altitude

Better put an aspirin under your tongue, before you start.
Lovely pics.
Keep 'em coming.

Worker ants are all sterile females. No female hormones, so they just do what they have to do without histrionics.
Politicians are mostly males with a trouser full of testosterone (or in some cases oestrogen?) There are a few females who are full of oestrogen AND testosterone and they hate males.
Sir Thomas Moore (before losing his head to the axe of our 'Enery the Eighth, wrote “Anyone who campaigns for public office becomes disqualified for holding any office at all.”
Astute chap was our Thomas!
Ants have their brains in their heads; Politicians (if they have any?) have their brains in their trousers, either front or back!
An interesting breakdown of the working of an ant colony, thanks. And also your factual breakdown of how our politicians work, for themselves, certainly not us!!

Portugal now but if it’s pics you like try these, sorry if I’m muscling in on the progr...

We get the impression that you rather liked Portugal.

Be very careful...

We came out in Dec 1999.
We were told to take a 3 year break, in a warm, cheap, friendly place, before we could pull our pensions down
Sold up in the grim, murky Leeds and bought our first MH.
We're still here.!

Morella did not let us down. It really is an amazing fortification. We did the castle first €3,5 each to access, parts of castle date back to the 11th century, and at the top, the views are outstanding, there is even a bull ring within the castle boundary. Morella is just over an hour drive inland from Peniscola. The aire, which is just outside the town is free, we cycled over. At least two night stop required IMO.

IMG_6229.jpegIMG_6207.jpegIMG_6178.jpegIMG_6176.jpegIMG_6175.jpegIMG_6171.jpegIMG_6169.jpegIMG_6164.jpegIMG_6161.jpeg

€11 per night??? We only paid £10 in total for the 58 nights we were away, Terry ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve
Not my post Steve. And I’m not sure what we have spent to date for Aires?
For me, it is about running down my slush fund. We’re on a posh one on Saturday for a week, not cheap, what the heck, no point being the richest corpse in the cemetery

Below, and just outside fortress walls are what is left of a viaduct, while I was up at the castle noticed another viaduct in the distance, turns out it a short walk from the aire, although you cannot see it from the aire. The trouble they went to back then to get water to the town, a great achievement.

IMG_6231.jpegIMG_6232.jpegIMG_6233.jpegIMG_6236.jpegIMG_6235.jpeg

Oi,
Were dead jealous.
After 20 years on the road, we realise that we missed so much.
Because we had to be back on the Algarve, to spend another winter, doing up our house improving project.
Keep those posts coming.

Oi,
Were dead jealous.
After 20 years on the road, we realise that we missed so much.
Because we had to be back on the Algarve, to spend another winter, doing up our house improving project.
Keep those posts coming.
I think it is fair to say, with the internet readily available, sourcing these wee nuggets to visit is simpler to do. I have to say though, I take no credit finding these nuggets, it is my partner in crime, Bea does the research, she points, I drive there.

Time is the killer though, there is always something or someone that cuts down your time to tour.

Els Muntells. It so flat and for miles the area utilised for rice planting. Pics are example of the numerous paddy fields. The whole area is a Delta, where Flamingos 🦩 roam, not seen any yet.

On an aire which is free, with the usual facilities for those with a self contained vehicle, there is a toilet block, which is currently locked up. Also a bar, where Tapas can be had. Being a Delta, it is nice and flat, which is ideal for cycling 👍

IMG_6245.jpegIMG_6244.jpegIMG_6243.jpegIMG_6242.jpegIMG_6241.jpeg

Last edited:
Back