A member needs our help

Admin

Administator

Generally, I don't make posts like this anymore, but I need to make an exception in this case.

Many of you will know Frank and Jo, who are franknsense on this forum. Frank and Jo live in their van full-time; unfortunately, the gearbox in their van has failed in France. As you may know, Frank is very ill, and this trip was meant to be a special few weeks for him. It took three days for the recovery company to get to him, and his van is now in a garage. They have said they cannot fix it or get the parts to do so. This means that the van must be returned to the UK, which could take 25 days, and Frank and Jo cannot stay with the van. David and Jeanette (Ten Thousand Sunsets) are with them, and they now have to stay in a chalet while the recovery company work out what they will do. If they fly them home without the van, they have no home to go to, and without wishing to embarrass them, they can't afford to stay in a hotel. David and Jeanette (Ten Thousand Sunsets) have started a GoFundMe to help cover the costs. I know money is tight for most people right now, but I could not imagine being in this situation. Frank and Jo have so much to deal with with Frank's disease, and we cannot help with that, but we can help financially to lighten the load on them. Please use the link below if you can spare some money to help a member.

Thanks

Phil

https://www.gofundme.com/f/van-broken-down-in-france-needs-new-gearbox

Last edited:
I realise why I run these communities when I see the support our members offer in times of need. One member has even offered their own van until Easter. Dave and Jeanette hope to get enough money to fix the van and pay for an Airbnb whilst the van is shipped back and repaired. The breakdown cover will not pay for the flights up front and they are going to have to claim it back later, so the money will also help with their travel costs.

Just bought a few bits so a bit skint, but made a donation, there but for the grace of god, not keen on Go fund me, they charge too much, I'd rather give them more via Paypal.

I hope they manage to get it fixed.

Just bought a few bits so a bit skint, but made a donation, there but for the grace of god, not keen on Go fund me, they charge too much, I'd rather give them more via Paypal.

I hope they manage to get it fixed.
You don’t have to use PayPal which I don’t use, CC is my route for donation or payments.

I got asked how much I wanted to donate to GfM
Yes, then they add few quid on top, They made $29m last year, so it a very popular way to donate, I just think it takes too much of the giver.

You don’t have to use PayPal which I don’t use, CC is my route for donation or payments.
I only use Paypal too easy, much easier than using cards and you get some sort of back up on purchases.

I don't have any credit cards.

Thank you all very much for your donations and offers of support it is truly humbling to witness the support that is being offered for Frank and Jo. They are so grateful and to know that their home will be fixed eventually and that they can get home has reduced the stress on them significantly.
Thanks to this great community 👍

I know Dave and Jeanette will be humbled / embarrassed at these words but I've seen them with Frank and Jo as many of you and others have through time and ten thousand sunsets we salute you for being true friends to frank and Jo
well done to you both👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Got to the target a little over 24 hours from its launch. Well done everyone, no matter how much, or in my case, how little you donated.
It’s a privilege to be associated with people like you.
I’ll echo the sentiment Gordon made.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back