A plea to those overseas

tonybvi

At the start of the year my wife and I took the decision not to travel to foreign climes this year as we had various family commitments at home - not least an ailing 101 year old Dad who refuses to go into a care home and a 92 year old Dad who we have to visit every couple of weeks. Although this was agreed and we are having a great time doing short trips at home (Scotland), every time SWMBO reads one of your posts from overseas, especially from France which is like a second home to us having lived and worked there, she tells me how much she misses being over there and asks why we are not there (she seems to forget the discussion we had earlier!)

I am fed up with this and make a plea to you lot to please stop posting about your trips overseas. If you must post can you please pretend that you are not enjoying your trips?

Thanks very much
Tony

I am sure you have made the correct decision not to come abroad this year after all as you would only be getting sun and cheap wine and leaving all that rain and cold behind.Also you might miss more arguments on brexit.

ooo....eeerrr...that seriously wasnt yours.......was it????????

No it wasn't - just trying to cheer the OP up a bit showing what could go badly.

But we did have a slow tyre puncture once at St Jean de Monts - does that count because we didn't enjoy that ?

:cool:

Tonybvi - I do empathise with your feelings – because of on-going health problems we don't have any 'windows' to travel abroad until, at best, much later this year.

And it's very frustrating having to spend a fortune on British sites a few days at a time rather than sampling the weeks and weeks of free or cheap Aires and Motorhome friendly life in France.

At least I can watch my videos from earlier years to cheer myself up and remember the 'good' times as we meandered around on the Continent.

I hope you manage to find a way of going 'over there' and revive the good times you so fondly cherish.

For those who can get to France – here are a few Videos of out trips – scroll down to find them.

www.youtube.com/user/keithchesterfield

There are still loads of great places to go in Great Britain. We have motorhomed for a few years now and don’t have a passport and are still loving it. Mind you I don’t even have a photocard driving licence which can be awkward when someone asks for photo ID.
Keep living the dream.

Reactions: 2cv
Tonybvi - I do empathise with your feelings – because of on-going health problems we don't have any 'windows' to travel abroad until, at best, much later this year.

And it's very frustrating having to spend a fortune on British sites a few days at a time rather than sampling the weeks and weeks of free or cheap Aires and Motorhome friendly life in France.

At least I can watch my videos from earlier years to cheer myself up and remember the 'good' times as we meandered around on the Continent.

I hope you manage to find a way of going 'over there' and revive the good times you so fondly cherish.

For those who can get to France – here are a few Videos of out trips – scroll down to find them.

www.youtube.com/user/keithchesterfield

Funnily enough we find ourselves going through our travel diary looking at all the photos and places we stayed. This time last year we were at a fantastic vineyard near Blaye - Chateau Vauban for those that know it.
We are managing a quick trip to Holland after the Edinburgh Fringe but not really enough time to travel down to France. There’s always next year though.

Tony,
You have to promise not to show nice pictures from your trips out in your area in return !
:unsure: :devilish: :ROFLMAO: ???????

It's very cold and sleeting in Holland- at least it was at the beginning of April.......

IMG_0625.JPG

The visitors to the festival at Baragem d Poava Portugal had a bad day.
Parking too close and fire spread too fast.
We were there a couple days after the event and locals were coming to see and in one photo you will see the Guarda driving around.
We returned last year which was one year later and you would never know it had happened as all cleaned up
I understand there were about 300 cars destroyed
The empty places are where burnt out cars have been removed

View attachment 46415View attachment 46416
It looks like a car park full of Peugeot Boxers with the peeling paint :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Does this make you feel better...

How many words do Norwegians have for rain? Monday rain, Tuesday rain, Wednesday rain...., breakfast rain, lunch rain, tea rain, high tea rain, supper rain, midnight snack rain, rain in the egg butties!
It’s enough to drive a person to drink...rain in the wallet!!

At the moment where the beautiful view of the fjord should be framed by two towering cliffs...we have high speed horizontal soggy fog.

Forecast.... rain!

Does this make you feel better...

How many words do Norwegians have for rain? Monday rain, Tuesday rain, Wednesday rain...., breakfast rain, lunch rain, tea rain, high tea rain, supper rain, midnight snack rain, rain in the egg butties!
It’s enough to drive a person to drink...rain in the wallet!!

At the moment where the beautiful view of the fjord should be framed by two towering cliffs...we have high speed horizontal soggy fog.

Forecast.... rain!

Tell me about it! We lived in Bergen for 5 years and quickly learnt that life simply has to go on rain or not. A good set of Helly Hanson rain gear and long wellies (if you wear short ones the rain simply bounces into them from the pavement!) are imperative. The worst times were at the end of winter when all the roads had grooves worn in them from the studded tyres we all used. These filled with rain water and even when it wasn’t raining you got sprayed from passing vehicles. Nevertheless an absolutely stunning country and I would encourage everybody to visit it. There are the odd good days and even in Bergen we occasionally experienced temperatures in the high twenties.

Well its bad here with rain and the little people have headed to high ground just incase the water level rises,which leaves me to try and drink all the booze in the pubs which may go off soon,not a nice job but some one must do it.

I remember the first time we went to Germany, we had two weeks of rain.
The locks closed on the Rhine and the Mossel as the water was too high
Flooded towns, with water up to bedroom windows
Stelplatz under water so we could park anywhere
We still got about and enjoyed
Yes. We planned a trip down the Sarre onto the Mosel. It rained for a month, rivers flooded, spent a week on a pontoon outside the worlds largest world heritage steelworks...fascinating place though...but the copilot didn’t think so!

Don't come down to The Algarve.
We haven't had a drop of rain for nearly 2 months and probably won't have any for at least another 3 months.
The temperatures will rise to over 40' C most days, under 30' if we're lucky at night.

We would normally be back in Altrincham, but are marooned in a hovel, a 10 minute walk from a primitive village. There's not even a Wetherspoons.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back