A very interesting US self build Vintage school bus

I expect they have a de-rattle routine before setting off, they seem to be a well-sorted and organised couple, I love that van though, no wasted space like European vans.

Liz's only comment was the MPG, but their fuel is about half ours.

I've not watched the full video yet. Got to the point where he is discussing the mossies and the paintwork and wondering if he should leave it like it is?
I know the 'rat' look is quite popular in some custom car scenes and sealing in a rusty patina, but the idea of doing all that work to the interior and having a crappy external appearance I just don't get at all. Well, I think someone could do it for maybe a shock/surprise value for the contrast, but nah, not for me.

But anyhows, will continue the video with a cup of tea.... Good looking (inside ;) ) bus.

I see your point David and yes it is the contrast, I watch the Bus Grease Monkey channel.
he gets a lot of the old vintage Flexibles and Greyhound bus to coach conversions in with the streamlined stainless panels on them and I really like that look too.

And I love the sound of the old V6 2 stroke diesel engines and the Jake brakes.

One thing with the US RVs is that once registered as such they drop out of having to be inspected so he gets some real horror stories in to work on.

Liz thinks it's mint apart from the exterior paint, I see her point, but it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Back