Body seal strip coachbuilt MH

Carrerasax

Hi all
So what’s the knack here then
1685989286507.jpeg
How do I get this trim to seat on the top corner as it goes along the roof.
Doesn’t seem to seat properly and lifts out.
Son even helped me and he’s an ever so practical capable builder type🤔🤔😫

No should just press in🤔
Ridge on back fits against ridge on body fitting and curved side fits into other trim on body, if that’s clear!!🤔🤣

If its lifting out you probably dont have it seated properly, tongue in the groove so to speak. I'd remove more of the existing mastic before fitting though.

It just didn’t seem to hold on the curved section and looking at previous remains looks like that bit has to be held in with sikaflex, maybe🤔

It just didn’t seem to hold on the curved section and looking at previous remains looks like that bit has to be held in with sikaflex, maybe🤔
For the curved section you need to trim and make cuts on the central part that looks like it clips into a channel. It won't stay rounded otherwise.

It is a bit like when you try to make a curved profile with plywood and you score part way through the inner side multiple times to allow it to bend.

Finally watched the expert do it today.
Whole trim rolled up into deep fat fryer of boiling water, almost too hot to handle when fitting, was the trick 👏👏
Top corners mastic sealed after, to make sure doesn’t leak at weak point/curve😀😀

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back