[CANCELLED] New Year Celebration at the Hereford Rowing Club - 29th December 2023 - 2nd January 2024

[CANCELLED] New Year Celebration at the Hereford Rowing Club - 29th December 2023 - 2nd January 2024
Posted by Admin
Hereford Rowing Club
Thursday, December 28, 2023 - 12:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, January 2, 2024 - 01:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Is there a limit, or is there still space?
I would love to come, I have noticed over the last 70 years that January 1st does tend to follow December 31st so I usually don't bother to stay up to check, but if there's a party to be had, I might just stay up.

Reactions: Caz
The meet is limited to 40 vans.
I will add you to the list.
How many people will there be?

Ooh how did you know RoaminRog? Yes we are Andrew and Alicia. I asked the Memsahib if she wants to go to a motorhoming new year meet but as usual she didn't answer the question, just said Oh, not another group? As if we go away with lots of groups, which we don't.
A couple of weeks ago I asked her if she wants to go to the Pyrenees for four weeks, from Nov 15th. The trees will be beautiful, won't they? I said. 'Yes' she said, 'they will'. We ARE going to Hayling island for a week leaving this Saturday, (that's because our daughter and soninlaw have bought an old caravan they want to try out). Then we could go straight to France Newhaven Dieppe after that week. All I have got from her is 'I want to make Christmas cards'. Not Yes, not No. 'I want to be at home to make Christmas cards to sell for the church funds. We could go for two weeks'. . . . . . .not to the Pyrenees you couldn't.
:oops:

There might be just one at the new years meet . . . . . .
You had better not put us down until I can extract an answer from her. If it is full, then that is our fault for procrastinating.
:unsure:

Sorry to cause any upset Andrew, I was just trying to help Phil get organised. Hope you get sorted soon.

Don't worry Rog, I'm not upset. Perfectly normal behaviour for her. The only time she answered my question straight away was 57 years ago when I asked if she would marry me. 🥰

Ooh yes please Phil - all nights (y)

Yes please make us definite, Andrew and Alicia from Lutterworth where no one has ever stopped long, in the centre of England.

Except John Wicliffe who was the first to translate the Bible into English, he was the vicar here for 30 years. And Frank Whittle who built the first jet engine in a 2 storey brick unit here. He built it on a trolley, and wondered if it would run. Just in case it did, he tied it to a bolt through the wall. It started, shot across the room and pulled a 10ft diameter hole in the wall. The unit is still there, with different coloured mortar to show where the wall was rebuilt. That was 1937.

Can I ask that people state how many tickets (adults) will be required?

Two party tickets for us please, all nights, Andrew and Alicia.

2 x tickets for new years eve buffet . Beacons. Please ?Thank you.
But Unsure of how many nights yet .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back