Chat Room

thought it was yer kitchen you were doing up chris.
sink the bath in the garden...make a good fish pond.........

No, bigger job than that Trixie - spare bedroom change to new kitchen, lounge and main bedroom changing places and en suite added. Old kitchen wall coming down to make guest bedroom and shoe storage area ;).
Ripping out all the old plumbing/wastes and fitting new. Passes an hour away! :rolleyes:

That's a renovation not a bit of diy! Good luck , have you help or are you a one man band?
nah.....not a big job f.chris......some diy like this for the man is like what retail therapy is like for some ladies.
very thereputic knocking a wall down........and ripping things out.......so it is.
.its playtime for him
just think how proud he will be when its finished.......
pics please chris.....ta...cheers

Frustrated because the car won't start and I have a 5yr old taking a tantrum because she wanted to go swimming but now we can't :(.
one thing worse than
Frustrated because the car won't start and I have a 5yr old taking a tantrum because she wanted to go swimming but now we can't :(.
oh dear........she will have been so looking forward to it.........taxi, bus, .........change of plan......distraction to do something else............good luck

I remember those days when they did as asked. ?

It won't last. ☹️

Good morning folks :). Just a quick message to say that we will be busy today, first we are shopping for a jacket for ny daughter then packing ready for leaving tomorrow afternoon :).
hope you all have a nice time...........where ever your going or whatever you do..........happy travels

Just about to prepare dinner so just a quick update.

First of all, she is now in the bath after falling in the mud whilst out at the play park (do you know that feelong lol) and getting her school jacket muddy all over :(.

We managed to get her a nice warm jacket for going off (Regatta).
Why/ how do they always land in mud, even when it's the only puddle around? Your post reminded me of a day trip to London with my three boys...got off the train and middle son managed to slip full length into a patch of mud....not easy to clean a coat and child off with a pack of tissues and a spare disposable nappyo_O. I had a student nursery nurse with me who was initiated into the reality of children quite fast! She was a lovely girl, but was horrified at how messy kids can get. Lovely day, went to Natural History Museum...but they still talk about the mud rather than the dinasours, when recalling that trip!

Got most of the kitchen plumbing in place and ripped/took up the bathroom floor yesterday. Joists are in good nick, so one job less.
My builder mate is coming on Monday to fit a smaller kitchen window, then we can position and fit the new units etc.

I like the double glazing salesmen that used to ring in the U,K .I kept asking questions for as long as my patience lasted then said would I have to take my double glazing out to put yours in ,quite amazing how quick they rang of.

Morning, another decorating day at the daughter’s house, trying to get it all sorted before the next van trip. Cracking storm last night.

Morning Dave, good luck with the decorating: we're taking up the kitchen floor to take out the old pipework (3/4") and lay new 15mm. Well that's the plan, probably end up shopping :rolleyes:

Proper gold, or should I say copper, mine beneath the floor. As the heating system has been upgraded over the years, they have just chopped and pushed the old pipes below the floor. :)

Oooh, well done Chris, get it weighed in ?. Decorating of hall, stairs and landing still going to plan surprisingly, daughter now needs to make a decision on whether to continue with the new wallpaper or colour wash as the walls in good condition now it’s been stripped, decisions decisions ??

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back