Communal Meals

Restaurant meals are great, so.long as there's no more than 6 at the table, you don't get a complete conversation,except with your immediate neighbours... Even then,
you're struggling because of the background noise and the fact that those further away are having riotous fun, while your having a fascinating lecture from a retired Stationery Manager, from Pinner Council.

Then the bill comes...
We take the view, that we've all
ll enjoyed the meal equally, so.just split it equally...
But if you are faced with your Pinner friend and his calculator, fretting because they didn't have a second coffee and his wife didn't eat her bread.roll...
You lose me there..

Pauljenny;n7061 said:
Restaurant meals are great, so.long as there's no more than 6 at the table, you don't get a complete conversation,except with your immediate neighbours... Even then,
you're struggling because of the background noise and the fact that those further away are having riotous fun, while your having a fascinating lecture from a retired Stationery Manager, from Pinner Council.

Then the bill comes...
We take the view, that we've all
ll enjoyed the meal equally, so.just split it equally...
But if you are faced with your Pinner friend and his calculator, fretting because they didn't have a second coffee and his wife didn't eat her bread.roll...
You lose me there..

Lol or the couple that put £20 on the table and disappear and you end up paying for the balance, yes when they start the penny pinching I just want to say don't bother with it I'll pay the lot .
Then there is the tip that some won't pay !

Banned member;n7078 said:
................. I just want to say don't bother with it I'll pay the lot ...........!

Can I sit at your table, pretty please Charlie?

Colin ???

We were at the Lincoln MH show the other month, [not working] and the Motor Caravan Club had a Mc Millan charity coffee and cake morning and all takings going to the charity. The number of people who just put a few coppers or nothing in the collection boxes and walked out with hands full of cake and buns was ridiculous. This was tor a worthy charity FFS. Do these people think nobody notices what they do or do they really believe they are doing nothing wrong.
Don't be surprised what people do.

Fazerloz;n7087 said:
We were at the Lincoln MH show the other month, [not working] and the Motor Caravan Club had a Mc Millan charity coffee and cake morning and all takings going to the charity. The number of people who just put a few coppers or nothing in the collection boxes and walked out with hands full of cake and buns was ridiculous. This was tor a worthy charity FFS. Do these people think nobody notices what they do or do they really believe they are doing nothing wrong.
Don't be surprised what people do.

When I worked in Bristol as an IT contractor, we used to go for a beer at a pub across the park at lunchtime (as you do). Friday's was 'dress down' day, so you could go to work in jeans etc.

On the way back to work one Friday, we spotted a lad from our office in the park. He was in a queue for the free 'soup and a roll' for the homeless!

Robmac;n7088 said:
When I worked in Bristol as an IT contractor, we used to go for a beer at a pub across the park at lunchtime (as you do). Friday's was 'dress down' day, so you could go to work in jeans etc.

On the way back to work one Friday, we spotted a lad from our office in the park. He was in a queue for the free 'soup and a roll' for the homeless!

I hope you chopped his feet and hands off so he can't do it again ?

Banned member;n7090 said:

That's most unlike you, Charlie. We don't usually see such a tolerant attitude from you

Colin ???

Banned member;n7090 said:

Not quite that extreme Charlie.

But we did make him feel pretty ashamed for weeks afterwards.

Wully's better half did a BBQ at a recent meet, blooming fantastic food, best burgers I've ever tasted. Everything went fine till Willy took over the cooking and set the park bench on fire. :Hugging_Face_Emoji:

Haaamster;n7097 said:
Wully's better half did a BBQ at a recent meet, blooming fantastic food, best burgers I've ever tasted. Everything went fine till Willy took over the cooking and set the park bench on fire. :Hugging_Face_Emoji:

You. Are. Joking.
Really, Paul?

Colin ???

Plenty of witnesses if he tries to deny it. :Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign

Haaamster;n7106 said:
Plenty of witnesses if he tries to deny it. :Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign

A photo would help.
Anyone?

Or confirmation from other witnesses?

Colin ???

Full Member;n7107 said:
A photo would help.
Anyone?

Or confirmation from other witnesses?

Colin ???

Can't say that I witnessed it Colin.

But, knowing Wully, I daresay there were 'flammable' liquids around, if you know what I'm sayin'

Robmac;n7113 said:

But, knowing Wully, I daresay there were 'flammable' liquids around, if you know what I'm sayin'

Only a bench !
I would have preferred to see someone's van go up in smoke :Wink_Emoji:
If anyone ever sees my van on fire do not bring out a fire extinguisher or make any attempt to put it out I would not want it saved as would never want a repaired one back !

Robmac;n7113 said:

Witnesses, please take the stand.
An admission of guilt would suffice, Wully.

Colin ???

Robmac;n7113 said:

Think you'd passed out by then Rob, The Laird was there I think.

I don't think Wully was totally at fault, the BBQ was in a steel sheet which was part of the picnic bench, i think the wood under the plate was showing signs of age and the heat transfer through the plate was to much which was the cause of the fire.
In Wully's defense it was him that ran for the hose pipe to extinguish the fire, no one was hurt in the whole affair and the bench was still usable.

No definitely Wully's fault, didn't happen with Christine in charge, and he only grabbed the hose when he realised the fire was melting the ice in his whisky.

Witness statement... I woz there and saw the whole thing thing guv :Surprised_Face_Emoj

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back