Dead

andromeda

Went to get something from the van this evening in the dark. No lights, panel dead. Checked if anything had been left on. Not a thing. Last driven on Wednesday. Daughter brought back from a locals shop because I suddenly wasn't well enough to drive.
Engine and cab light no problem at all. Even with low power left usually indicator panel works. Tis a mystery. Polite suggestions please.
Thank you for reading.

If you have something that is turned on with a touch switch, then TBH you cannot be sure it was not left on after all power has been lost.

things to check when it is light. ....
Meter on battery to check voltage
Fuses of course. Which ones depends on your particular camper and how it is wired. fuse from battery and Fuse to distribution box are the two main ones to check.

A good battery should revive unless it has become damaged after a good charge Trev.

Before I had solar someone kindly put something to stop the engine battery draining the leisure overwinter when it was in storage. If that had been turned on by the guy who fitted the new battery would that have affected the hab batteries? My feeling is not but the bug I have persists and I haven't looked under the bonnet yet.

Yes but many only ever reach 80% of the original holding charge and go down hill after that.
When I was doing my self build Trev, I was not using the van and I was always forgetting to put it on charge, it was an old battery when we bought it but I never needed to replace it once the conversion was done it never failed me.

Before I had solar someone kindly put something to stop the engine battery draining the leisure overwinter when it was in storage. If that had been turned on by the guy who fitted the new battery would that have affected the hab batteries? My feeling is not but the bug I have persists and I haven't looked under the bonnet yet.
The 2 should not be connected.
Something not just right.

When I was doing my self build Trev, I was not using the van and I was always forgetting to put it on charge, it was an old battery when we bought it but I never needed to replace it once the conversion was done it never failed me.
Lucky you as most sulfer up when neglected and never retain full ampage ever again.

Lucky you as most sulfer up when neglected and never retain full ampage ever again.
Neglected possibly but the one in question wasn't neglected it was used on Wednesday.

There you go a pair of hugs to help you up.

We all know you're just an attention seeking anal retentive old tart Trev.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back