Do you take Statins for Cholesterol?

I have balance issues too, I'm always skint.

I suffer from labyrinthitis, I take Cyclizine for that, I also had consecration and memory issues too but I forget why.

So Liz started me on Vitamin B12 from just vitamins, I am much better now, and I find it much easier to listen to what she goes on about, I still remember some of it though so there must be a pill for that out there.

I'm on 14 pills per day so I shake rattle and roll.

I have balance issues too, I'm always skint.

I suffer from labyrinthitis, I take Cyclizine for that, I also had consecration and memory issues too but I forget why.

So Liz started me on Vitamin B12 from just vitamins, I am much better now, and I find it much easier to listen to what she goes on about, I still remember some of it though so there must be a pill for that out there.

I'm on 14 pills per day so I shake rattle and roll.
Just the 5 varieties of pill for me, Kev, but the Ivabradine is taken twice daily, so 6 pills popped. Plus the odd paracetamol for colds etc. But that regime is necessary to keep me healthy ['ish]. And I have the consolation that, were I the family dog, I would long ago have been booked in for a one way trip to the Vet. So, it's not all bad news :D

Steve

I used to but they caused me cramp.
So I stopped !
No fatty foods (except limited cheese) skimmed milk.
I use soy milk for porridge and like the slight taste.
Salads lean meat and fresh vegetables / salad.
Use coconut oil for frying and instead of butter where sensible.
225gm butter lasts about 2 months

Was on irbesartan clopidogrel simvastatin, cut them way back as making me bleed out my we man, now enlarged prostate, I'm sure it's the side effects from these killers.

Was on irbesartan clopidogrel simvastatin, cut them way back as making me bleed out my we man, now enlarged prostate, I'm sure it's the side effects from these killers.
Simvastatin caused problems for lots of people, including me. I managed to change to Atorvastatin and have had no problems since.

Simvastatin caused problems for lots of people, including me. I managed to change to Atorvastatin and have had no problems since.
I had trouble with both of these [couldn't remember their names when I posted earlier!]

Steve

#on a different tac, I was listening to Virgin Anthems radio this morning while tidying the kitchen, and loads of health adverts came on between the music, one was "one in two people will have cancer" Duh, we already know that, most men WILL have prostate cancer eventually, most will not die from it unless its not caught early or they don't get it treated in some way, I've had it for 4 years no treatment at all, just scare tactics to get you to support a charity

#on a different tac, I was listening to Virgin Anthems radio this morning while tidying the kitchen, and loads of health adverts came on between the music, one was "one in two people will have cancer" Duh, we already know that, most men WILL have prostate cancer eventually, most will not die from it unless its not caught early or they don't get it treated in some way, I've had it for 4 years no treatment at all, just scare tactics to get you to support a charity
I dislike the cliché, Kev, but I think it's the fabled 'Perfect Storm' for Cancer Treatment. Men are more likely to put off testing than are women, so discovery is often late/too late; Covid created a slowdown in Cancer services in hospitals; and the general NHS backlog of 7.3 million in England awaiting hospital treatment puts the reduced numbers of medical & nursing staff under huge pressure, so sickness/stress etc reduce the available staff still further. There were several Senior Consultants reporting 12-18 months ago that after Covid would come the great cancer epidemic, so there would be little. if any respite. for the NHS Staff

Steve

My prostate was a serious bonus for me Steve, if I hadn't had it I'd be in a wheelchair for life by now, they booked me in for a MRI scan to see what was going on, on the upper edge of the scan the radiologist noticed something and got the bone doctor in to look at it and discovered I had spinal stenosis, but at that point I wasn't in any pain from it just normal old age back pain I was still lifting stupid weight and would have carried on until my spine snapped, eventually I got some serious pain & they put me on all sorts of drugs to help but nothing does owt, so I just have to be careful now, walking or bending does me in, and now I have hip problems.

when diagnosed as a diabetic high cholesterol was also identified , originally prescribed simvastatin then another statin i struggled with muscle aches and bloating after a couple of other tablets i ended up on ezetimbe which i understand treats the cholesterol in the intestine rather than the liver, since being on this tablet 5 years now have had no side effects ,

I've tried them all and had problems with them and then I had an appointment with my heart nurse (a sister nurse to be exact) and told her what was happening and she told me that the statins were probably the cause of the symptoms I'd explained her and then said if she had heart problems she wouldn't take statins and told me an alternative and now my doctor has prescribed that for me and everything is now okay.
She also told me to read this book:
The problem for me is that they just prescribe all the same stuff for the same medical problem not thinking that each patient is different 😞
I've never had a cholesterol problem but because I had a rather large heart attack it was decided that I should have a statin, "just to make sure" even though every blood test shows it to be okay 🤔 They also prescibed me a beta blocker and that caused all sorts of problems but that's another story 😂
I'm afraid there's a lot of money to be made with medication and it would seem that statins are amongst the highest earners 😞

Regards,
Del

I've tried them all and had problems with them and then I had an appointment with my heart nurse (a sister nurse to be exact) and told her what was happening and she told me that the statins were probably the cause of the symptoms I'd explained her and then said if she had heart problems she wouldn't take statins and told me an alternative and now my doctor has prescribed that for me and everything is now okay.
She also told me to read this book:
The problem for me is that they just prescribe all the same stuff for the same medical problem not thinking that each patient is different 😞
I've never had a cholesterol problem but because I had a rather large heart attack it was decided that I should have a statin, "just to make sure" even though every blood test shows it to be okay 🤔 They also prescibed me a beta blocker and that caused all sorts of problems but that's another story 😂
I'm afraid there's a lot of money to be made with medication and it would seem that statins are amongst the highest earners 😞

Regards,
Del
Exactly why I posted the video Del.

Interesting posts. Doc gave me statins about 6/9 months ago. I can't remember exactly when...i can't remember lots of things ...needs looking into as Sally keeps telling me to see doc....i said I'm old but that didn't wash with her....

I think when I speak to my doc, if they ever ring me back (gorra mole on me back and it's a bit itchy) to book me a cholesterol blood test, and then stop taking them for a month and then do another, if I need em fine if not bin them, I think I do having had 4 stents fitted in June.

Reactions: Rec

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back