Ducato wipers work with ignition on but not when the engine is running!

Roger Haworth

Free Member

This is really weird. My local garage has installed a new wiper motor but this hasn't cured the problem. Any ideas?

My mechanic (very experienced and Motorhome owner) recommends fitting an earth to the wiper motor of his Motorhome owning clients. This was his recommendation when I asked him to fit an extra earth to my 7 year old van as often it is the first source of trouble. I went ahead with it during the annual service and anyway he wouldn’t have made a killing on a small extra like that, so probably knowledge from his vast experience worth following.
I am pretty ignorant of electrics on vehicles, but might it be worth a quick try.?

Davy

Check the wiring on the wiper stalk.

I don't know how old your van is but if it is a bit older and has a printed circuit board for the electrics for wipers, lights etc. then you might have a problem replacing it.

I don't know how old your van is but if it is a bit older and has a printed circuit board for the electrics for wipers, lights etc. then you might have a problem replacing it.
My garage has also installed a new wiper stalk but that didn't cure the problem either!

The van is a 2008 vintage 100 multijet.

You could join the Fiat Forum (it's free) and ask on there.

My merc did the same, many do not realise that wipers are live and park with the switch off, it is permanent and it stops when the earth is broke by an insulated plastic on the slip ring breaks the circuit. It does require the earth to be a good one to run so run a wire from the body of the motor to the chassis of th van. The switch is an earth not for the feed. If there is a fault in the circuit is will not work .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back