External silver screen cover

• Thread starter Deleted member 6692
  • Start date

Deleted member 6692

Hi all, I’m looking for an external silver screen for my son’s Peugot Majestic 115, 2012 Reg. Any recommendations welcome.

For heat retention or as a sunscreen ?
We have a sunscreen type which does for overnight in the summer.
It lets light in but also acts a privacy screen.
If it is cool/cold we also have internal thermal screen (stick up)
We also hang a picnic rug just behind the cab.
All 3 layers keep us warm for 6 months in the summer.
We rarely use the internal thermals !

I purchased a 4 season screen cover from https://rainbowscreens.co.uk/

you can have them plain or customized [ extra ].

there are many companies out there this is the one i selected from what I had read. I am very pleased with the one I selected as I know I will be in the motorhome all year round.

One thing I did notice was that I didn't get any moisture on the inside of the windscreen like I did with the internal ones that came with the Motorhome. retained the heat at night and kept it cool during the day - no over heating the motorhome.

When I remove it, I put it in the bathroom and let the rain water run off as I de-camp or I get a microfiber cloth and give it a rub over water just rolls off this, gets the water off quickly and i can pack it away. Storing it is easy - bathroom, I don't have a garage in my Motorhome so it is out of the way in there and light to move if I need to use the bathroom.

+1 for Taylormade. Ours extends to the bonnet hence covering the heater inlet and preventing draughts from the dashboard when the wind is in the wrong direction.
We were parked up in a particularly strong and blustery wind recently and the cover was tending to lift off the screen. Not dangerous but rather spoiling the insulation effect. I purchased a length of 8mm bungee cord and 2 end hooks. Securing around the door mirrors and gently across the screen kept the cover stable.

Taylor made.... I wouldn't waste money elsewhere...

We had the extra long one on out transit with privacy mesh...

Cosy in winter (not a sniff of condensation on front screens)
And kept us cooler in the heat of summer...
Well made and they are a delight to deal with.

I purchased a 4 season screen cover from https://rainbowscreens.co.uk/

you can have them plain or customized [ extra ].

there are many companies out there this is the one i selected from what I had read. I am very pleased with the one I selected as I know I will be in the motorhome all year round.

One thing I did notice was that I didn't get any moisture on the inside of the windscreen like I did with the internal ones that came with the Motorhome. retained the heat at night and kept it cool during the day - no over heating the motorhome.

When I remove it, I put it in the bathroom and let the rain water run off as I de-camp or I get a microfiber cloth and give it a rub over water just rolls off this, gets the water off quickly and i can pack it away. Storing it is easy - bathroom, I don't have a garage in my Motorhome so it is out of the way in there and light to move if I need to use the bathroom.
Thank you for your reply, I’ll check out the website. Cheers

Thanks for your reply.

If that model is the same as Fiat Ducato 2012 then I have a Silverscreen in good condition that I haven’t got round to selling. Yours for £40. Pm me if interested.

And another vote for Taylormade have one for our 115 Keep it cool in the summer and warm in the winter (no condensation on the front window) plus the front centre drops down to see out during the day

TBH, I suspect that both SiverScreens and TaylorMade are as good as each other. That said, I'm very, very happy with my SilverScreens Paragon that I bought direct from the company 4 years ago. Even in a snowy Andorra, there was no condensation on the inside of the screen and it kept the cab cool in the South of France in June.

I'm a 'Silver screens' fan too!

They do a great job. We are on our second set.

One thing I find strange though is that so many folks try and fit them as one big piece instead of splitting it down into the 3 pieces...invariably when its windy too! I find its so much easier to pop the sides on and then finish with the front piece.

I can see why one might need a single large piece for an A Class but for Ducato etc ?

I bought an external silver screen for our previous van which was great. For this van we got one from Polarscreens ( minsterproducts.co.uk) which is excellent. Nice and long, easy to fit and store. We also have an internal set which is useful for when it's very wet outside ( cos I am a wimp!) or just want privacy in a parkup. We would use both if somewhere very cold. Definitely get less inside condensation with external. We use the Karcher to dry the inside if needed.
We ended up with polar rather than taylormade or silver screen as they were able to get a screen for us in very short time...was over the xmas/new year period and we were short of time.

Last edited:
I'm a 'Silver screens' fan too!

They do a great job. We are on our second set.

One thing I find strange though is that so many folks try and fit them as one big piece instead of splitting it down into the 3 pieces...invariably when its windy too! I find its so much easier to pop the sides on and then finish with the front piece.

I can see why one might need a single large piece for an A Class but for Ducato etc ?
FWIW, I have a 2001 Ducato and, even though I'm a tall bloke, I cannot reach the top of the windscreen while standing on the ground. Hence the only time I've moved the centre section of my Silver Screens Paragon was when I first got it; then only to get the best fit and I needed a step stool to do it!

When it's windy, I start at the upwind end, hook the screen over the door and then unfold it over the windscreen before hooking it over the downwind door.

I cant reach the top but from the side when I attach the middle bit, it's easy to run my hand up the velcro to make the fastening.

IMHO Although expensive Silver Screens, Taylor Made & Polar Screens would be my choice having used all 3

Reactions: Rec
When I bought my Taylor Made screen I nattered with the ladies who machined them. Their knowledge and love of what they do means I'll happily go back.

They thew in some 'Hedgehogs' (basically covered magnets) to ensure a snug fit around the door, but I was warned in another place that strong wind could loosen them and potentially damage the paintwork. The screen fits very well without them, and they are not used.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back