External silver screens

The laird

Rally Organiser

Had a great experiance this week,we went to minster products Sheffield and had external screens made while we waited and Graham (Director)made a template then manufactured them I was allowed to watch the whole procedure even the girls sewing etc he has devised a system on A-Class motorhomes my passenger door the screen hooks over it then walk round to drivers side ,now this is the bit I love ,he made a section which you slide the window open fit in this section close the window then the main cover. Joins this section very easy and clever it has two suckers on inside also as other screens you can drop main section say for during the daylight 1/2 way? also you get a strap from one side to other to retain the side sections in place
excellent service,product and end result
here are a few pics

IMG_9133.jpegIMG_4352.pngIMG_9136.jpegIMG_4354.pngIMG_4353.png

Nice one! Photos suggest the quality is at least as good as the genuine Silver Screens I have -- and I love the way they've sorted out the 'gotcha' of not having a cab door on one side!

Nice one! Photos suggest the quality is at least as good as the genuine Silver Screens
I've had a set for 3 yrs always used them when traveling an always on when parked on the drive at home Very pleased with them. I've also had Taylor maid and S/S in the past an their just as good as S/S an better than T/M IMO

hi guys . our first m/h was a hymer 564 & it had like awning Rails above the windscreen & side windows . like all the 7 m/h's we have had all our silver screens came from TaylorMade . we always buy the longer version so it covers the scuttle & bonnet grill . cheyenne

DSC00007.JPGDSC01703.JPG

hi guys . our first m/h was a hymer 564 & it had like awning Rails above the windscreen & side windows . like all the 7 m/h's we have had all our silver screens came from TaylorMade . we always buy the longer version so it covers the scuttle & bonnet grill . cheyenne

View attachment 67717View attachment 67718
The longer screen was an option I was offered ,they are a very very versatile company and listen to any ideas from users/customers to enhance the product as I stated very very pleased with service,quality and cost

Last edited:
Nice one! Photos suggest the quality is at least as good as the genuine Silver Screens I have -- and I love the way they've sorted out the 'gotcha' of not having a cab door on one side!
Quality imho is right up there,time will tell but from speaking to other users this won't be an issue,1years warranty but when talking with graham if there was an issue they're not silky and will address the situation outwith this period

We bought the longer TaylorMade to, and for the same reason, but in a PVC space is 'King' and they take up a lot of room when travelling.

These Minster Products covers look really neat, and it would be interesting how they compare in size. Well done you for finding them!

We bought the longer TaylorMade to, and for the same reason, but in a PVC space is 'King' and they take up a lot of room when travelling.

These Minster Products covers look really neat, and it would be interesting how they compare in size. Well done you for finding them!
hi . must admit minster produces look nice but our last ones lasted 10 years so we stick to what we know . cheyenne

Dumb question, what’s they reason for it extending over part of the bonnet?

Dumb question, what’s they reason for it extending over part of the bonnet?
So that the cab ventilation air intakes are covered and hence potentially freezing air can't make its way into the cab. Silver Screens gave me an extra piece that's meant to be fitted under the bonnet over the intakes themselves. I've never used this -- but then my van isn't winterised and a bit of cold air in the cab is the least of my worries if there's snow and ice around!

I bought my Silver Screen blinds on this forum 2nd hand a few years ago at a fraction of their new price, so my advice is to search around and see what you can find as there will be some for sale out there for quite a significant saving.

Always make sure that the area the magnetic pads fit there is no dirt grit or sand on paint work ..you will end up with scratches.
I've removed then and just fold mirrors..

Always make sure that the area the magnetic pads fit there is no dirt grit or sand on paint work ..you will end up with scratches.
I've removed then and just fold mirrors..
That is was my worry is if grit/dirt get under the screen and the wind buffers the screen against the bodywork damage can take place

When I bought my covers they threw in for free a set of magnetic "hedgehog" devices to better hold them in place at the doors.

A member here suggested they might do more harm than good, and so they remain in the door pockets.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back