fly screen door string broken

cheyenne

Free Member

anyone re-strung door or window fly screen seen it done on you tube so might have a go ordered a new one from Brownhill's £234 so might repair old one & sell it on as we are poor pensioners :cry: . cheyenne

Done it twice on old vans, chucked the crap they use and put 1mm2 with in instead, not made of money here.

You should have asked more sooner.

Thanks for all th research. A job that I've been meaning to do for ages and may get round to this winter.

anyone re-strung door or window fly screen seen it done on you tube so might have a go ordered a new one from Brownhill's £234 so might repair old one & sell it on as we are poor pensioners :cry: . cheyenne
We've restrung one twice on our chausson 610. The hardest part is getting the screen out! Undo all the screws you can see and remove top section which clips off. Slide up the outside plastic strip on the right, facing inwards, it will reveal the hidden screw. Remove this last bottom screw. Then remove complete frame, minus top, lay down flat on a large table. Gently remove the 2 outside plastic straps either side and this exposes the sides of the mesh and where it's threaded. You'll need to buy braided non fray kite line, available on amazon, we used 1mm and available in various colours. Then it's a case of retreading. Diagram available on the net. Make sure leave lots of spare thread because you adjust it when it goes back in. Replace frame and knot around the spring when in place to adjust tension. It took a day the first time and a lot of head scratching! Take photos at each stage so you have reference points. Good luck! Cost approx £10.

We've restrung one twice on our chausson 610. The hardest part is getting the screen out! Undo all the screws you can see and remove top section which clips off. Slide up the outside plastic strip on the right, facing inwards, it will reveal the hidden screw. Remove this last bottom screw. Then remove complete frame, minus top, lay down flat on a large table. Gently remove the 2 outside plastic straps either side and this exposes the sides of the mesh and where it's threaded. You'll need to buy braided non fray kite line, available on amazon, we used 1mm and available in various colours. Then it's a case of retreading. Diagram available on the net. Make sure leave lots of spare thread because you adjust it when it goes back in. Replace frame and knot around the spring when in place to adjust tension. It took a day the first time and a lot of head scratching! Take photos at each stage so you have reference points. Good luck! Cost approx £10.
hi. thats the first thing i did was search on you tube & the wife said buy a new one & play about with the record kit if i fix it on e-bay it goes if not in the bin it goes in our mid seventies life to short for saving for rainy days . cheyenne

I have never tried it but I've read about it on outdoorbits, they have some very useful tips

I have never tried it but I've read about it on outdoorbits, they have some very useful tips
fitted the new hab fly screen took 15min's looked at the old one thinking of getting new strings to repair it BUT decided life is to short so in the scarp it went .cheyenne

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back