Free eBook promotion from 20th December

Thanks everyone for the support. The book downloads have been very good and will hopefully generate some reviews and interest. Without paying Amazon a chunk of money to promote it this is the only medium that small time authors have at their disposal. we are off to India shortly where I will continue to write the sequal to this and the other book (Don't Treat the Joke as a Job). It stops me from getting bored and just laying on a sunbed on the beach drinking beer :)

Thanks Terry,
Couldn't put the book down.
Management is chuckling at it now.
More power to your elbow.
Enjoy your holiday.

Never going to admit which bits are based on our experiences...:Zipper-Mouth_Face_E
Really glad you enjoyed it.
Last year I had the lovely experience of knowing that someone was sitting on the beach reading my (other) book on their Kindle and hearing them laughing out loud. it's part of the reason I like to write, never going to make a living out of it (the first years royalties for the first book went to a Police charity that cares for the survivors of serving officers who have lost their lives on duty).

Milly;n14641 said:
Well those big words I probably helped him with coz I was a proof reader. :Nerd_with_Glasses_E Loved it and hope you will write a sequel Terry or even a series.

Judging by a lot things I read today, proof readers are a very rare breed, and very seldom used....:Grinmacing_Face_Emo

RoadTrek Boy;n16969 said:
Judging by a lot things I read today, proof readers are a very rare breed, and very seldom used....:Grinmacing_Face_Emo

I find it very frustrating when I read something that should have been proof read and is littered with mistakes. Don't get me wrong I am no pedant, in fact I'm very mildly dyslexic and easily get word blinded. There are certain words which I have resigned myself to never being able to spell. and if it wasn't for Mrs GB's efforts my books would never see the light of day.The modern technology regarding word processing programs makes life easier but they are never a substitute for a good old fashioned read through and red pen session from someone who knows their stuff. I rewrite the books four or five times and then we go through them with a fine tooth comb. They are then read by the Fruitcake volunteers for critique (spelling, grammar and plot) and I undertake another rewrite that redresses their comments. It's a long and sometime tedious journey but it must be undertaken as we still find errors despite the amount of time it has been read. Some authors however seem to fall into the trap of excepting what their spell/grammar checkers are telling them and then just knocking their novel out and going on to the next one. I have read some really good ebooks but also read many howlers and if I can find spelling and grammar mistakes then they have a real problem. For some it seems that quantity is better than quality and let their standards drop.

The advent of ePublishing is a boon to writers like me who quite likely would never be picked up by a publisher. I can also write and publish at my leisure and there are no demands from a third party (other than Jan :Smiling_Emoji_with_ ) for the next book so I still enjoy it.

I have been very lucky with the help I have received from people who know their trade, a script editor who was a Fruitcake member gave me some really good tips on dialog delivery and a punchy opener. A colleague's daughter was a professional editor and she worked on another of my books and walked me through her thought process and edits., Unfortunately she lives in America and is now far too expensive to employ.

GB584, I haven't read your books yet, but hope to in the future, my comment was due to the glaring errors found in news papers, the Radio Times and instructions on food packets Etc, written by so called professionals. :Smiling_Emoji_with_

RoadTrek Boy;n17092 said:
GB584, I haven't read your books yet, but hope to in the future, my comment was due to the glaring errors found in news papers, the Radio Times and instructions on food packets Etc, written by so called professionals. :Smiling_Emoji_with_

Didn't think for for one moment your comments were aimed at me (well at least I hoped not or Mrs GB would be getting the sack :Smiling_Emoji_with_).

I blame twitter and texting for the downfall of the English language.

u r two dam wright butt peeps dont seam too worryd a bout grammer speling punctureation.
try orl ghet the messige

Is this still available for free download?

Jeanette;n17157 said:
Is this still available for free download?

Don't think it's still free, but you could get it on a trial 'Kindle unlimited'

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back