French air quality certificate

Robina

French air quality certificate

We dutifully applied for and received air quality certificates for our vehicles for travelling in France. Now we have had to replace a windscreen (on the car not the Moho fortunately). The sticker would not come off without tearing very badly - practically disintegrating in fact. I assume this is a design feature to avoid any dodgy practices. In any case, I need to get a new one but our email to the authority has not yet had a reply. Has anyone had to do this yet and, if so, do you have any insights to share?

Yes - I am sure there will be a fee! Just did not want to reapply from scratch just to be told to go away as I already had one for that vehicle. Their FAQ does not address this problem although it cannot be that rare.

Maybe worthwhile getting a colour photocopy when you receive your new one. Mine is still in my documents wallet and must remember to stick it on drivers side for France.,

Cheers,
Alan

If you have replaced your windscreen you have to apply again for a new certificate

I've lost or damaged my Air Quality Certificate or my windscreen is broken
In accordance with the General Conditions of Use that you accepted, your Air Quality Certificate cannot be reimbursed or reissued, as the damage is not our responsibility. Please submit a new application.

look here under 'I have received my Air Quality Certificate'

second FAQ down

https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/e...-aux-questions

Last edited:
2cv;n14019 said:
My simple solution is to avoid the place ?

It is quite a lot pf places now - towns and cities in at least six European countries - and growing. I have not found a definitive list yet but am still looking.

Robina - there isn't a definitive list but the Zones are being added each year with at least 25 by 2020.

There could be more than that by then and I prefer to wander around France without worrying that I might get a nasty fine - so €4.80 seems hardly worth bothering about in the bigger scheme of things.

keithchesterfield;n14196 said:
Robina - there isn't a definitive list but the Zones are being added each year with at least 25 by 2020.

There could be more than that by then and I prefer to wander around France without worrying that I might get a nasty fine - so €4.80 seems hardly worth bothering about in the bigger scheme of things.

But having the Cert does not mean your vehicle can go into a town/city on a particular day according to the restrictions in place , so if one does not check one could still be liable for a fine.

Geoff

I am aware it’s not correct but I put mine on a piece of clear plastic and place in the window when needed. The reason is I don’t like window stickers (except my big W) and it’s getting silly with all the different ones needed for Europe.

If you avoid the Specified areas am I correct in posting that you do not need one ?
I appreciate the cost is minimal but the on-line application does not include "Camping Car" just private car
Also what if you choose the wrong emission category 2 years ago I got a similar German sticker which was green so am I E6

If you avoid the specified areas you are OK, but need to have up to date information of all areas and they are increasing fast.
For the French one there is a "light commercial" option which is the category for a Moho of 3500kg and should also be on your V5. You don't choose your own emission category: you fill in the vehicle details, send a copy of the V5 and they tell you which category it is.

I have now received the acknowledgement of our reapplication and it does say you can use it pending receipt of the actual sticker. No other issues arising so far.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back