Fridge repair Dometic AES RM7275 L

Beemer

Free Member

After parking up for the weekend in the motorhome, I discovered that the switch on the fridge which changes the supply from gas to 12v to 240 or to Auto, had broken and the fridge consequently was stuck on 12v.
After getting a bit of info from the WC site and a phone call from my sister-in-law, who had the same problem last year, I had a plan on how I was going to approach was potentially could of been a £150 repair bill.

After removing the top cover, and the black plastic cover, I was able to see the problem... and how I was going to fix it.
The photos should be self explanatory.
The switch had broken off inside, so I drilled the blue plastic out and stuck in an electrical connector tip with Araldite, cut a slot into the blue pin and I have a working switch again.
If it eventually wears out I now know what to do.
I hope this may be of help to anyone else with this problem.
The tool used was the Dremel I bought recently, I believe Wildebus posted about it.

No2.jpg No3.jpg No4.jpg No5.jpg No6.jpg No7.jpg No8.jpg No11.jpg No12.jpg No13.jpg
After doing this I can see where I could have improved on the "fix" next time by ensuring the metal electrical connector blade I pushed into the black switch, is tight in. The blue plastic pin could have had a narrower slot too, to avoid a slack switch.

Nice Job :) the Dremel paid for itself on it's first outing there :D

Yes.. it was a bit of a coincidence that the Dremel arrived on one day and it turned out to be the ideal tool for the fridge job the next day. :)

• Well Done
Reactions: Dex
Dremmel tools are a godsend in many ways especially for small or detailed work. I have the flexible drive for mine as well which doubles its usefulness.

well done, it pays to look and think about all the options, I've repaired loads of bits, when the wife said "just get a new one"

Good how 2 there, well done :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back