Fridge stopped switching to gas - electrical problem?

GMJ

I know that this is the electrical section but the fridge isn't striking up when n auto switch. Normally there is the 'tick tick tick woomph' as it ignites however I am not getting the ticking sound...the display goes straight to fault.

12v and mains are working fine and it auto switches to these no problem.

Gas is working fine and coming through to the cooker.

So I think as its not trying to strike it could be an electric problem. I am happy to be corrected though. I thought of a fuse however the display and fridge are working fine. Would the striker be on a separate circuit?

Any other suggestions for the layman?

ta

The fridge has decided to start working on gas today after I had a grummage around in the back of it yesterday!

I love an intermittent fault me....

I know that this is the electrical section but the fridge isn't striking up when n auto switch. Normally there is the 'tick tick tick woomph' as it ignites however I am not getting the ticking sound...the display goes straight to fault.

12v and mains are working fine and it auto switches to these no problem.

Gas is working fine and coming through to the cooker.

So I think as its not trying to strike it could be an electric problem. I am happy to be corrected though. I thought of a fuse however the display and fridge are working fine. Would the striker be on a separate circuit?

Any other suggestions for the layman?

ta
What fridge have you got ??

it could be this little bugger
View attachment 62044
As green grass says it could be this I had the same problem started as an intermittent fault but then it became a permanent fault I changed this pictured above and it now works fine around £60 eBay check you get the correct one if it is this as there are a couple of variations.

Its a Dometic 8505 from memory but I'd have to check the book to check that model number.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back