Help. Disconnected battery, now problems.

mikewroe

Just took out 2009 Boxer X250 out of storage and found rev counter, speedo and fuel gauge not working. Temperature gauge does work. Over the winter I removed the engine battery to charge. The battery was refitted about two weeks later. All fuses OK.
Lost for ideas as what to check next. Can't belive disconnecting power would have done this?

Phone cartronics they repair speedometer faults , they may know exactly what's wrong ,

Last edited:
Reactions: TJC
Think you will find its the brain requires a reset, same happened to my car, now orange light comes on & of every 200/300 miles.:mad:

Probably just needs a reset, good luck 😉

hi. have you lost the radio code as well i did years ago ? you SHOULD aways keep power to the electrics . i put a small solar panel 30 watts on the roof because the battery was always flat on storage not anymore with the panel. this new m/h came fitted with one & switches between habitation or engine battery Cheyanne

2009 should be OK but who knows the secrets of the devil's box , had to disconnect the battery on my 2014 boxer to top up battery , had no problems .pre stop start .

Does cruise control work and what, if any lights are showing up on dash?

Last edited:
Have tried all of the above, no cruise control fitted. Looks like I will have to throw money at it Tuesday when the electronic wizards are back to work.

hi. have you lost the radio code as well i did years ago ? you SHOULD aways keep power to the electrics . i put a small solar panel 30 watts on the roof because the battery was always flat on storage not anymore with the panel. this new m/h came fitted with one & switches between habitation or engine battery Cheyanne
I agree completely on the issue of a solar panel, well worth the investment. I never looked back from the day I fitted mine, a 120w, 2 x leisure leisure battery's in a Hymer T + can go for for whole long weekends without a hook-up.

Sorry guys, should have updated post. Problem turned out to be mechanical. When the Auto electrician put his lap to it he found he couldn't force any of the gauges to move. Normally he can dial up any setting with his black box.
He stripped the instrument cluster down and found they had all stuck. Releasing them with a finger push got them all working!
Shan't be leaving it laid up for so long next autumn.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back