Help FIAt Ducato van won’t start! Sorted but now no speedo!

Just had a thought ....
Just getting van on chocks to level up to turn fridge on ready for Goosenargh....
Did you manage to get the van on chocks before the problem came up?
If you got it on Chocks, did you drive it or roll it on them?

I don't know how sophisticated your security system is, but there are some which have anti-tilt detection, so an alarm does off if the vehicle is lifted up in readiness to be towed away. I wonder if you changing the angle (if you had done so) might have confused the system?
If it is on the chocks, maybe try and roll it off them?

I have never seen that light on a dash, so I did a search and it looks like usually it seems to fix itself after a time?
Some suggestions include leaving the ignition on for 10 minutes to let the vehicle secuity system communicate with the key and reestablish a link.
And also try starting with a door open (?)

Something that is worth bearing in mind - if it is to do with overall vehicle security, make sure you don't end up getting locked out if the system resets itself and the central locking kicks in. Don't leave the only spare key inside the van and maybe open the drivers door window so you can reach in and get the key from the ignition?
Flattened the battery!

Just had a thought ....

Did you manage to get the van on chocks before the problem came up?
If you got it on Chocks, did you drive it or roll it on them?

I don't know how sophisticated your security system is, but there are some which have anti-tilt detection, so an alarm does off if the vehicle is lifted up in readiness to be towed away. I wonder if you changing the angle (if you had done so) might have confused the system?
If it is on the chocks, maybe try and roll it off them?
No, have to drive onto them but the engine wouldn't start. Martin is going to phone Fiat tomorrow, I'm off to work so hoping for good news when I get back 🤞

Home from work, can't use phone at work. The cab battery was 14 years old! New one in place with the help of a friend as I had the car. Martin pressed a few buttons and flicked a few switches so now the electrics are working - so, watch out Goosenargh, here we come!

Thank you everyone for your words of wisdom, what an amazing community this is!

Home from work, can't use phone at work. The cab battery was 14 years old! New one in place with the help of a friend as I had the car. Martin pressed a few buttons and flicked a few switches so now the electrics are working - so, watch out Goosenargh, here we come!

Thank you everyone for your words of wisdom, what an amazing community this is!
Yah beauty great stuff

Is the van a 2010 then? With that padlock symbol I thought it must be much newer? must have a posh one :)

Just started our slow trek north to Goosnargh and noticed the Speedo isn’t working. Is it possible something got disconnected when the new battery was connected?

Think you will find a fuse gone or a fault in the wireing loom, prob an electric speedo rather than the old cable types.

2999cc something - totally not technical! It’s a motorhome!
Might have paperwork at home that is more informative

Just started our slow trek north to Goosnargh and noticed the Speedo isn’t working. Is it possible something got disconnected when the new battery was connected?
When my engine battery was changed the mechanic (it was postulated) had managed to fuse things and also in process cause problems with hab batteries. Just a thought re fuses. I 'm defo not technical or mechanically minded.

When my engine battery was changed the mechanic (it was postulated) had managed to fuse things and also in process cause problems with hab batteries. Just a thought re fuses. I 'm defo not technical or mechanically minded.
All sorted now courtesy of a pot hole. Martin will have to check connections when we get home

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back