How accurate are the Ducatos MPG gauges?

Pudsey Bear

If I zero mine it will steadily work it's way back up and sits around 35-37mpg, but on occasion I've see over 40.

If I zero mine it will steadily work it's way back up and sits around 35-37mpg, but on occasion I've see over 40.
Not very, Kev. I zero the various electronic counters on each refill, but then keep a separate record of the actual tank refill, usually to the first 'click stop' on the Fuel Station Pump [but recently, we used a number of Spanish Fuel Stations with Attendant Service and the 'Full' interpretation varied markedly ... I've posted before that I work on the basis of 140 miles on the first 1/4 of the Tank as a sign that all is well [6+ miles per litre], but the headwinds/crosswinds for the first week or so from Bilbao dropped the 'Full Tank to Full Tank' measure to just over 22mpg

Haven't refilled since the end of the trip back from Portsmouth, but it was another headwind/crosswind trip [O/S wing mirror blew closed over Shap!], and the 330 miles since the last refill at Asda Oldbury is just above the 1/4 tank mark ... Another 5 miles per litre job, I think

Steve

Not very, Kev. I zero the various electronic counters on each refill, but then keep a separate record of the actual tank refill, usually to the first 'click stop' on the Fuel Station Pump [but recently, we used a number of Spanish Fuel Stations with Attendant Service and the 'Full' interpretation varied markedly ... I've posted before that I work on the basis of 140 miles on the first 1/4 of the Tank as a sign that all is well [6+ miles per litre], but the headwinds/crosswinds for the first week or so from Bilbao dropped the 'Full Tank to Full Tank' measure to just over 22mpg

Haven't refilled since the end of the trip back from Portsmouth, but it was another headwind/crosswind trip [O/S wing mirror blew closed over Shap!], and the 330 miles since the last refill at Asda Oldbury is just above the 1/4 tank mark ... Another 5 miles per litre job, I think

Steve
I generally can do a bit over 600 miles on a tank. but I have forgotten how big the tank is, so that is not a lot of use! I know it costs over £100 to refill :(

Ha, I'd be happy at £100 a full David more than that for an indicated half tank.

I've always worked on 400 plus before filling up if fuel is easy to find less fitting isn't.

I don't get how they make a profit here not seenasingle car wash ex garagesince the ferry, most are automated so no wages I suppose helps but a lot of competition even in small towns.

I generally can do a bit over 600 miles on a tank. but I have forgotten how big the tank is, so that is not a lot of use! I know it costs over £100 to refill :(
My Tank is 90 litres, David, and I try never to let it drop below 1/4 full, This gives me a comfortable 400 miles range and I've usually got around 25 litres left when I refill [and paying for 55-60 litres feels less painful than paying for 80 litres or so ... Most refills in Spain were based on passing a Plenoil or similar Discount Station, so were in the 25-50 litres range [mainly 30-40 litres]

Steve

The 60+ thousand miles I did in my X250 I always kept a log of all fuels used, brim to brim and it came out at a fraction under 30mpg overall and the gauge was reasonably accurate to that.

my average mpg sits at about 19.5 but that’s mainly down to the lump of lead at the end of my right leg
We rarely travel above 50-60mph, less on the minor roads, I'm on holiday, I do give way or pull over for working vehicles and if I get a queue behind me, so I dont expect to use a lot of fuel.

Showing now.

20240509_111914.jpg

We rarely travel above 50-60mph, less on the minor roads, I'm on holiday, I do give way or pull over for working vehicles and if I get a queue behind me, so I dont expect to use a lot of fuel.

Showing now.

View attachment 72743
That looks like about 31-33 litres of diesel consumed, Kev, assuming the tank is 90 litres. What mileage have you covered since the last refill?

Steve

That looks like about 31-33 litres of diesel consumed, Kev, assuming the tank is 90 litres. What mileage have you covered since the last refill?

Steve
I decided that discretion was the better part of valour and also idgaf so kept my start mileage and my receipts for fuel so I could just do a final tally, and you being a bra inbox will be informed when we get home so get yer pencils warmed up for early June time ;);)

😂😂😂😂
Pulled in at Cairn Lodge day before yesterday and thought I would treat it to V-Power, including a delicious chicken bap it was over £150 to fill it.

I don’t bother working out what it does, I run diesel heater from main tank as well. Just fill it, it’s always in use 👍

I decided that discretion was the better part of valour and also idgaf so kept my start mileage and my receipts for fuel so I could just do a final tally, and you being a bra inbox will be informed when we get home so get yer pencils warmed up for early June time ;);)
We'll be on Rallies in early June Kev, so you're safe! I don't take a laptop or tablet on M/Home Trips so I record a Google Keep Note of each refuel which I then transfer to my Excel Spreadsheet :ROFLMAO: ...

The Note format is quite simple:

Date: Station of Refill e.g. Asda Oldbury [in case I need to refer to it on future trips]
Odometer Reading: Tank Mileage since last refill
No of Litres
Price per Litre [incl € cost where appropriate and eventual Exch Rate]
Total Cost of Tankful [€ & £ if applicable]
Miles per Litre and MPG

Google Notes make it really simple to cut & paste this wee Form and I have a permanent record of each Tank Refill for each Year of Ownership. I also do the same for LPG Purchases and have separate Notes of each day's Mileage between Aires/Sites and where we stayed [and any fees!], so that repeat Trips don't require any thinking about! Equally, if any Aire is a disappointment, a brief 'No' on the Stay Note avoids the possibility of making the same mistake by visiting in subsequent years, so there is Methadone in my Madness as the proverb almost has it!

Steve

We'll be on Rallies in early June Kev, so you're safe! I don't take a laptop or tablet on M/Home Trips so I record a Google Keep Note of each refuel which I then transfer to my Excel Spreadsheet :ROFLMAO: ...

Date: Station of Refill e.g. Asda Oldbury [in case I need to refer to it on future trips]
No of Litres
Miles per Litre and MPG

Google Notes make it really simple to cut & paste this wee Form and I have a permanent record of each Tank Refill for each Year of Ownership. I also do the same for LPG Purchases and have separate Notes of each day's Mileage between Aires/Sites and where we stayed [and any fees!], so that repeat Trips don't require any thinking about! Equally, if any Aire is a disappointment, a brief 'No' on the Stay Note avoids the possibility of making the same mistake by visiting in subsequent years, so there is Methadone in my Madness as the proverb almost has it!

Steve
Too advanced for me Steve

No of Litres
Miles per Litre and MPG

Steve
You know you can put excel on your phone Steve?

You know you can put excel on your phone Steve?
No, Neil, I didn't! All of my spreadsheets are written using the Office 2000 version of Excel, so I don't know how well they would run [or stagger] on Android :ROFLMAO:. I did manage to open a simpler spreadsheet that I had emailed as an attachment whilst I was away, so it might be something to pursue

Steve

Back