How accurate are the Ducatos MPG gauges?

No, Neil, I didn't! All of my spreadsheets are written using the Office 2000 version of Excel, so I don't know how well they would run [or stagger] on Android :ROFLMAO:. I did manage to open a simpler spreadsheet that I had emailed as an attachment whilst I was away, so it might be something to pursue

Steve
You should find that Google sheets, (think it’s called) will open and edit your Excel spreadsheets for use on the go. Just be sure to save or convert to correct version when done. Easy peasey you old fossil 😂😂😂

You should find that Google sheets, (think it’s called) will open and edit your Excel spreadsheets for use on the go. Just be sure to save or convert to correct version when done. Easy peasey you old fossil 😂😂😂
I have to be old to pass the fossil test, Neil ... I'll probably stick with Google Keep Notes for just now, because of the speed/ease of use with my wee template that I can amend on the fly to record details such as the location [Asda Oldbury is nearer Dudley on the A4123, off J2 of M5 but 'Asda Dudley' isn't!], so that 6 months later I can remind myself where to aim for ... Which takes us back to the fossil and the calcification of the brain :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Steve

I have to be old to pass the fossil test, Neil ... I'll probably stick with Google Keep Notes for just now, because of the speed/ease of use with my wee template that I can amend on the fly to record details such as the location [Asda Oldbury is nearer Dudley on the A4123, off J2 of M5 but 'Asda Dudley' isn't!], so that 6 months later I can remind myself where to aim for ... Which takes us back to the fossil and the calcification of the brain :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Steve
Bet you log gps co-ordinates in excel linking to maps. Or have I just given you extra work lol

Bet you log gps co-ordinates in excel linking to maps. Or have I just given you extra work lol
Probably the latter, Neil! ome of the data I compile is actualy useful, rather than just of interest. Knowing mpg can give an early warning of some pending fault; knowing the distance to an Aire that we used before helps with the rough itinerary planning; knowing how much the previous trip cost us gives a good basis for budgeting for the current/proposed trip; and knowing the average cost per night and per mile of operating a M/Home saves a lot of money on laxatives ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

For me, fuel consumption figures don't mean a lot, which is why I just use the 400 miles per tank as a guide, at least, so long as my gauge is actually working. I usually sit on motorways at 59/61 but every now and then when overtaking there is a lot of traffic and I end up going considerably faster to clear traffic and get back on the left. Same with windy conditions and terrain. I get noticeably less miles going to the highlands than I do going to Wiltshire in some parts.

I want to drive around in the van, I have to use fuel so have to buy it. As I always have automatics I have always got less to the gallon than those with manual gearboxes and my van is old anyway so nowhere near fuel efficient. That 2.7, 5 cylinder and turbo can pick its skirts up though, opps, there gos my fuel average lol

I thought the instantaneous readings were more use when they fetches them out, that is until I noticed I was well down in single figures when having fun. Never went back to that setting again haha

I had enough having to log mileage, litres etc when I had company cars anyway :)

For me, fuel consumption figures don't mean a lot, which is why I just use the 400 miles per tank as a guide, at least, so long as my gauge is actually working. I usually sit on motorways at 59/61 but every now and then when overtaking there is a lot of traffic and I end up going considerably faster to clear traffic and get back on the left. Same with windy conditions and terrain. I get noticeably less miles going to the highlands than I do going to Wiltshire in some parts.(y)

I want to drive around in the van, I have to use fuel so have to buy it. As I always have automatics I have always got less to the gallon than those with manual gearboxes and my van is old anyway so nowhere near fuel efficient. That 2.7, 5 cylinder and turbo can pick its skirts up though, opps, there gos my fuel average lol

I thought the instantaneous readings were more use when they fetches them out, that is until I noticed I was well down in single figures when having fun. Never went back to that setting again haha

I had enough having to log mileage, litres etc when I had company cars anyway :)
My short-lived venture into running my own business [buggered abruptly by the 2008 Financial Crash, 6 weeks into Year 2] saw me with a 2.8 LWB HR VW LT35 [158BHP with timing chain] that could really move, even fully loaded with my stock. But, if I drove sensibly [on the return to Scotland after working away, rather than busting a gut to get to the Venue for setting up], I could just about get 30mpg, measured brim to brim refills

The light right foot was controlled by my continual mental calculations that for every £1 spent on fuel [and subsistence, insurance, VED etc], I would need to sell £2.53 of goods just to break even, much less actually earn a sensible wage ... (y)

Steve

My short-lived venture into running my own business [buggered abruptly by the 2008 Financial Crash, 6 weeks into Year 2] saw me with a 2.8 LWB HR VW LT35 [158BHP with timing chain] that could really move, even fully loaded with my stock. But, if I drove sensibly [on the return to Scotland after working away, rather than busting a gut to get to the Venue for setting up], I could just about get 30mpg, measured brim to brim refills

The light right foot was controlled by my continual mental calculations that for every £1 spent on fuel [and subsistence, insurance, VED etc], I would need to sell £2.53 of goods just to break even, much less actually earn a sensible wage ... (y)

Steve
Yes, when I did do a few checks I reckon mine will do up to 30mpg if I am gentle. Legal speed limit on motorway speeds drop it to around 25mpg, but if I go into boy racer mode you can almost see the needle moving lol

Of course mine isn't a Ducato so not relevant to this thread haha

Steve
I've used that general rule ever since I started working Steve. I always work out if something is worth the hours I had to work to pay for it, mostly it got left in the shop.

Yes, when I did do a few checks I reckon mine will do up to 30mpg if I am gentle. Legal speed limit on motorway speeds drop it to around 25mpg, but if I go into boy racer mode you can almost see the needle moving lol

Of course mine isn't a Ducato so not relevant to this thread haha
I'm light on the has too Neil, I like to trundle along nice and steady with the occasional drop to 3rd at the same speed to keep the egr clean, I dont like to hold up traffic so I pull over if I get a long snake behind me.

Just download Fuelly! It is easy to use and works it all out for you. Our best on our Boxer (2005) is 34.

My van actually does more than my motorbikes used to do lol

Of course there is a huuuuuge difference in time getting anywhere

To the question at the beginning!
My last brim to brim mpg was 31. Computer average over the same period was 33.4. Citroen Relay 2.0.
So the computer read out seems to be optimistic.

Back