Installing a B2B

mikewroe

Hopefully a simple question. Have been offered a Renogy DCC1212 60amp B2B charger.
Can I fit this in parallel to the standard split charge relay that was originally fitted?
Eldis Sunseeker on a 2008 Boxer.

No, you need to disable the relay. The reason for this is that the B2B increases the charge voltage to a higher voltage than the starter battery. So if you have 14.2v coming from the B2B and your start battery is 13.8v, power will follow backwards through the relay and produce a loop.

A member here, I forget who, said that they had a b2b unit lurking in the garage that I could have, is it still lost?

No, you need to disable the relay. The reason for this is that the B2B increases the charge voltage to a higher voltage than the starter battery. So if you have 14.2v coming from the B2B and your start battery is 13.8v, power will follow backwards through the relay and produce a loop.
Thanks, is it as simple as just removing the relay?
Next problem is how to identify it.:unsure:

Thanks, is it as simple as just removing the relay?
Next problem is how to identify it.:unsure:
Disabling the relay will solve the problem. Finding the relay depends on the system installed in the van. If you can post some pictures of your main electrical system, I can work it through with you.

Thank you, that's a very kind offer. Have attached both under bonnet relay box and habitation box.

20240331_115557.jpg20240331_122655.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back