Just got a £281 fine *******************

The laird

Rally Organiser

TOOK MY WEE VW FOX FOR MOT ON THE 14 th THIS MONTH IT IS SORNED ANYWAYS YESTERDAY FRI GOT THE BROWN ENVELOPE FROM DVLA LETTING ME KNOW IT WAS NOTED THAT THE VEH WAS USED ON THE HIGHWAY AT 11*17 AM ON THE 14 th,ON MY WAY TO THE TEST STATION FOR MOT I NOTICED A TRAFFIC CAR HEADING WEST ANYWAYS IVE SENT MY APPEAL STATING IT WAS ON THE HIGHWAY FOR MOT TEST AND IF THEY LOOK AT THE GOV MOT ISSUE PAGE THEY WILL NOTICE IT PASSED ITS MOT ON THIS DATE AND IS NOW PARKED UP AGAIN OF THE HIGHWAY
WILL SEE WHAT RESPONSE I GET
YOU ARE ALLOWED TO AND FROM A TEST STATION FOR MOT TEST AND THERE IS ONE OTHER EXCEPTION TO BE ALLOWED TO DRIVE A VEH ON THE HIGHWAY UNDER SORN
WILL LET YOU KNOW MY OUT CONE

What a pain.. The chances of being clicked while driving legitimately to the NOT test, when others drive about all the time illegally! I am sure your appeal will win, but it is a hassle!
@andromeda we are still waiting for Dave's license from DVLA too...applied in March!

Good luck. DVLA so backed up. Did you appeal on line? Seems the best route for a response. I've yet to have anything for a license.
Completed the appeal section on the letter/fine form that was sent to me regarding where when and fine etc
awrc

Last edited:
Oh lord. I'm carrying on driving but feels a bit like a sword over my head. You don't have to declare TIA to DVLA after a month after the event but you do when you apply for your renewal. Oh well what will be will be

Oh lord. I'm carrying on driving but feels a bit like a sword over my head. You don't have to declare TIA to DVLA after a month after the event but you do when you apply for your renewal. Oh well what will be will be
Dave not allowed to drive as his was a medical revocation....even though GP and consultant say he is fine, have to wait for DVLA to agree!

I'll be driving a car that is SORNed to it's test in a couple of weeks so I'll be expecting something similar since I have to go past the counties police headquarters.

Hi Mr TL,

All should be good as long as the trip to the MOT Stn was pre-booked and recorded in the diary as such.

Cheers

Boots

Was it booked in at the garage for the MOT? My understanding is that just needs to be booked in. Good luck with the appeal (y)

Regards,
Del

Over here if it fails on something dangerous it can only be taken home on a low loader, a station here will stop you and hold the vh until removed as stated.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back