Posted by Biggarmac
Borders Event Centre, Springwood Park
Thursday, July 13, 2023 - 12:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, July 18, 2023 - 12:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
With friends like you, who needs enemas? :ROFLMAO: I know that I can send a joke in your direction [and/or exwindsurfer, Wully, trevskoda,Pudseybear, thelaird, and one or two others] and get at least the same robust style of riposte as part of the general banter betweeen Members who really ought to be old enough to know better, but who do their damndest to prove otherwise ... (y)

Steve
TAXI FOR HIM!,,,,,,,,

Hi Meg
Received an unexpected hospital appointment for tomorrow for operation on my eye.
Unfortunately we will not be able to attend Kelso this weekend. Apologies for the late notification.
Hope you all have a great rally and we will see you in the near future.
Rgds
Malcolm

With much regret I am afraid I am not gonna be able to attend this Kelso meet.

I organised the supply of a new driveshaft to arrive last Friday at the garage with my van booked in for fitting it tomorrow.
Perfect timing, I had it all organised - or so I thought.
The despatch never happened until today and it will take week to get here.
Fuming hardly describes my mood right now !!

Have a great rally and will no doubt see you all another time.

With much regret I am afraid I am not gonna be able to attend this Kelso meet.

I organised the supply of a new driveshaft to arrive last Friday at the garage with my van booked in for fitting it tomorrow.
Perfect timing, I had it all organised - or so I thought.
The despatch never happened until today and it will take week to get here.
Fuming hardly describes my mood right now !!

Have a great rally and will no doubt see you all another time.
Sorry you are having to cancel. Good luck getting the van fixed

I don't know how they compare to other parts of the country, but the fuel prices at the Sainsburys close to the Kelso showground seem very good from what I am seeing so might be a good place to fill up for anyone coming to the meet? (don't blame me if they change before Thursday though!)

Price at Sainsburys, Kelso a couple of days ago was 135.9p for both diesel and petrol.
Price at the garage in Coldstream today was £140.0p for diesel
Price at the Morrisons in Berwick today for diesel was 144.9p - that is a massive 9p/litre more, and I thought Morrisons were always meant to be competitive?

I don't know how they compare to other parts of the country, but the fuel prices at the Sainsburys close to the Kelso showground seem very good from what I am seeing so might be a good place to fill up for anyone coming to the meet? (don't blame me if they change before Thursday though!)

Price at Sainsburys, Kelso a couple of days ago was 135.9p for both diesel and petrol.
Price at the Morrisons in Berwick today for diesel was 144.9p - that is a massive 9p/litre more, and I thought Morrisons were always meant to be competitive?
Thanks for the heads up David. Meg

Morrisons Kirkcaldy was 146.9p for diesel on Friday 7th July! A quick 5 litres or so top up to get us to Kelso with a sensible safety margin is on the cards! Thanks for the tip off [as the Jewish surgeon's male patient is rumoured to have said ...] :ROFLMAO:

Steve

If you are panicking about the ground condition after all the rain, there is no need too, we have just arrived and the ground is SOLID, we have driven accross the length of the field without any problems, we even stopped on purpose then set off again without any wheel spin, hope that puts your mind at ease and see you soon 😎

If you are panicking about the ground condition after all the rain, there is no need too, we have just arrived and the ground is SOLID, we have driven accross the length of the field without any problems, we even stopped on purpose then set off again without any wheel spin, hope that puts your mind at ease and see you soon 😎
maybe today :) with the lovely weather you have brought with you, who knows for tomorrow!! :D

Ok, a little update ...
The good news - ok, no good news :(
Sainsburys price today was 140.9p/litre. It has gone up TWICE since it was 135.9p/litre last week, the last time last night.
The price TOMORROW will be higher again as it is going up again tonight. Probably to 141.9p/litre

Well, I guess there is good news in that it is still cheaper than Morrisons Kirkcaldy, but best place to full up on that journey to Kelso would be the Costco in Edinburgh (if a member, of course!).

Oh, could you put me down for 3 nights please? (assuming roads to Kelso are not flooded! They were deep this afternoon :) )
Fri/Sat/Sun nights

The what three words given has taken us to sainsbury superstore. Have we missed something?
Beer doesn't always have to be one of the three words 😂

Regards,
Del

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back