Mobile Internet in your Van ?

What do You use for Mobile Internet ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Genuine question: Can someone explain why using a mobile to hotspot from, is dangerous re hackers? My Apply phone has its own security as does my laptop. The phone and laptop are protected by passwords and the hotspot is visible as 'iPhone' in my list of wifi options on the laptop.
You don't as long as it's setup right.

Banking apps is one thing i would not put on a andriod phone, do make sure blurtooth is of when shopping or in towns with free wifi, that £10 you have been sitting on so long may vanish. :eek: 😂😂😂
Android phone is very secure for banking, using Revolut & Monzo are very secure also, and also gives you notifications straight away when money is going out, and because you get notified straight away, you can cancel straight away, for no money ever leaves your account without you being notified first, unlike most banks. but at the end of the day, it all depends on you.

Bluetooth is usually off, I use public WiFi all the time, that's what it's there for.

Very sorry getting distracted from the question, I have been using the Netgear Nighthawk M1 with iD sim installed for a few years now, the sim is £12 a month 200Gb Data, unlimited text & calls with free roaming, attached to this is Poynting A-XPOL-0001 antenna, I have the Nighthawk with battery removed and permanently attached to the leisure battery because it's on 24/7 running everything i.e. Security Cameras, ipads, Sat Nav, Laptops and the mobile phones when on the internet, have had no problems until this year, on the 60th day of our 90 day European Tour, we received message warning us we will charged on a PAYG basis from the 63th day. As we use just under the 200Gb Data each month, I phoned them and complained that if they cut me off because of their "Fair Use Policy" then they will be breaking our contract and I will take them to court, the Gentlemen was kind and accommodating, said leave it to him, and he will try to help, at the end of the day we never got cut off or charged more, but from on, I will install a Local sim when nearing end of the roaming period.

Thats strange as all experts say you should, even if using a linux ph.
All it does, is give you a different IP address, It's great when in countries that censors the media, or when you can't watch media because of licencing laws, but there are other ways to get around those issues, Do take note VPN is not a firewall or virus protection, or protection from any hacking tools, it just sends different IP address.

What's the price on that ?
It's £18 month contract now but I have been with them for years.
Remember not to take any new contract deals as you then get charged £2 day for internet usage abroad.Contracts before 2021 don't.
Also they 24gb with legs are good but it still has the 12 limit abroad.Better 2x12gb for abroad.

Reactions: RAW
All it does, is give you a different IP address, It's great when in countries that censors the media, or when you can't watch media because of licencing laws, but there are other ways to get around those issues, Do take note VPN is not a firewall or virus protection, or protection from any hacking tools, it just sends different IP address.
Also scrambles data, so the bad boys wont know who you are or where.
Im pretty secure at home running linux but weary of gaagle android phones.

Been using banking Apps on Android ever since banking apps came out - Not had an issue so far, touch wood !!
B inlaw lost over £300, never got to the bottom of it, and the ph was at his house when he was in spain, he dont do mobile banking these days.
My wife does but thats up to her.

Reactions: RAW
Well, I have a Nord VPN Subscription so I can always use that if I am concerned :cool:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back