Motorhome & Caravan Club.

Why not join and see. Everyone wants different things. We've been members for 40 years. We rarely use their sites,too expensive like most other sites.
I enjoy the magazine, usually get a better price on the ferries.

We are members as we usually use their sites however if we are staying somewhere for a week or so, I always check out any local independents as well because the C&MC sites are not cheap. We use Cirencester a good deal as its a useful stop off for us when we come home from abroad. On that note we always stay the night before at the Black Horse site in Folkestone before we go through the tunnel.

I find the magazine to just be one big advert for the club and a bit of a love-fest for them from contributors.

You have summed it up?... It is not a club, it is big business now. Arrogant, overpriced and elitist in my view.
Dead right!, I believe the great Groucho Marx once said "I wouldn't belong to any club that would accept me as a member"

As for the small sites, the CLs or CSs or whatever they call them, you don't have to belong to anything. They are run by small landowners, Farms, Stables, Pubs, Hotels, Smallholders, & etc, etc.
They are interested in income & unless they've been brainwashed by one of the big Mafia clubs they couldn't give a toss whether you belong to any of them.

At least that's what I've found over the years, The last time I drove into a site (apart from meets) was in Santa Pola where we met up with some Spanish pals, one of the lads set up a telly outside his caravan, we watched a footy match between Man Utd & Barcelona, Rooney scored the first goal! That'll give some idea of how long ago that was!

I have found that I can save the Club subscription on a single ferry booking.
C&C club, Harwich to Hook van Holland. Last week I got £25 off the Dieppe Newhaven ferry.

The CMC membership fee is £63 (Direct Debit) or £73 (credit card), so £25 off doesn't sound much of a deal to me?

I have found that I can save the Club subscription on a single ferry booking.
C&C club, Harwich to Hook van Holland. Last week I got £25 off the Dieppe Newhaven ferry.
If you, or any member of your party, is aged 60 or over, there is a 20% reduction on the Newhaven to Dieppe route but must book by phone. Although the original discount applied only to the fare, our last 2 bookings also gave the discount to the cabin, so much more than £25, and I didn't have to renew the CAMH membership at £63 (used it twice last year for CL bookings to/from Newhaven, but have now discovered a £10 per night serviced 'pitch' at Penkridge in a Canal boatyard, just off J13 M6

Steve

Back