Murky is for Sale

SquirrellCook

I will add more details if anyone is interested.

Murky is the Mercedes 811D with a LHE body hiding behind the tree in Belgium.

IMG_0937.JPG

Last edited:
Length = 8.1M

Height = 3.1M approx

Width =2.3M

Weight = 5.5 tons approx.

Good condition Uniroyal tyres fitted all round.

Front Steering tyres, Rear. Mud and Snow.

New rims on the front.

Front axle upgrade to Vario with many new parts. Discs, Pads, bearings, gas dampers and seals.

New Mercedes front leaf springs a few years ago.

Cylinder head remanufactured with injector sleeves, valve guides, valves and springs.

New main radiator and water pump replaced.

2 new oversized engine starter batteries.

12kw eberspacher water heater. Used to preheat the engine or for internal radiators and calorifier. Easy lever tap to choose heating option.

Engine coolant heats calorifier whilst driving, so you arrive with a hot tank of water.

The coolant also heat two fan heaters, one at the front and one at the back in the wet room.

600 litre approx. food grade stainless water tank underneath floor.

Water feeds Sink Unit and rear Shower. Also has filtered tap.

3kw Air Eberspacher for main heating and sleeping sub zero. Air is ducted to the middle and wetroom.

Full size domestic fridge and Gas cooker.

240 volts supplied by 440Ah lithium batteries and a 800 watt Victron Inverter.

Charging via six 100W roof mounted solar panels. Victron MPPT.

Victron Orion used to hold up engine start batteries that are used for LED roof lighting.

15Ah 12volt Victron charger wired in for charging when on mains hookup or generator. (supplied)

Both batteries monitored by Victon BMS’s

4 travelling seats with seatbelts. 4 lounge seats with storage underneath.

Aluminium framed high rear bed, designed for passion (untested)

Wet room /storage. Thetford Toilet and shower. Large swing up rear door. The wet room is constructed with corrosion resistant steel, lined with phenolic resin board (buffalo board) with the seams sealed with flexible epoxy.

Fiamma turbo vent premium above the bed for those hot European nights. Just replaced fan and electronics.

Calorifier also can be heated via mains on hookup or with generator.

Four large underfloor lockers with each pair connecting from side to side.

Easy to insure and is MOT’d as Class 4

Ferry return trips Harwich to Hooke normally under £200.00

Happy travels and thanks for the pictures, is that a Plaxton Cheetah as have my eye on one down here where I am that someone built.The one I am looking at is 8.5m L, 3m H, 2.6m W
If yours is of similar dimensions how do you find it with parking and accessing places, have you taken Murky to Cornwall and the Highlands, for example ? Thanks, Robert

Happy travels and thanks for the pictures, is that a Plaxton Cheetah as have my eye on one down here where I am that someone built.The one I am looking at is 8.5m L, 3m H, 2.6m W
If yours is of similar dimensions how do you find it with parking and accessing places, have you taken Murky to Cornwall and the Highlands, for example ? Thanks, Robert
As the missus would say, i am being a gloit. You detailed dimensions at the top of the post, questions are still the same though. My concern buying something that big is accessing awkward places, wild camping, and parking and also is it a lot more expensive than say a longwheelbase Merc or Transit on the Ferries ?

It's a bit smaller in all dimensions than a Cheetah, though the wheel base is the same Robert. So half a metre more swinging at the back.
I have a Cheetah and it's been a lot more work than I hoped for.
It took a year to do the welding. I've seen a few scrapped once they have been stripped.
When the windows leak the water runs behind the plastic trim. They will all want rebonding.
This stops it running across the floor. Though rots the body frame.
The boot is stainless lined and rots the steel beyond belief.

When parked next to new motorhomes it looks small.
8 meters seems to be the limit in European campsites, but I get away with it.
In the lower south west you need to watch the dry stone walls. Thats why I didn't fit a rear bumper.
Scotland, no problems.
Small roads over the Alps ok.
Porlock hill one corner took two bites.
Harwick to Hoek and back cost £274.40 in high season last week. Choose the dates and times better it can be under £200.00

Your welcome to view Murky anytime.

For what to expect with a Cheetah, read this post. https://motorhomebuilder.com/threads/violating-a-princess.66638/

Mark

That's great thanks :) The Plaxton I am thinking of is listed on Facebook here www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1016036779387208
We have had a look at it and the work that he has done on it with his FiL looks pretty good TBF.
You have raised some concerns I guess for me regarding the original build quality of the Vehicle although that one is younger than your one. He's driven it quite a long way and is just selling coz they have a new baby and no time really for the VanLife side of things. Thanks for all the information.

That's great thanks :) The Plaxton I am thinking of is listed on Facebook here www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1016036779387208
We have had a look at it and the work that he has done on it with his FiL looks pretty good TBF.
You have raised some concerns I guess for me regarding the original build quality of the Vehicle although that one is younger than your one. He's driven it quite a long way and is just selling coz they have a new baby and no time really for the VanLife side of things. Thanks for all the information.
Just be very careful of what's hidden. You could have Murky for about that.

Mark

It's a bit smaller in all dimensions than a Cheetah, though the wheel base is the same Robert. So half a metre more swinging at the back.
I have a Cheetah and it's been a lot more work than I hoped for.
It took a year to do the welding. I've seen a few scrapped once they have been stripped.
When the windows leak the water runs behind the plastic trim. They will all want rebonding.
This stops it running across the floor. Though rots the body frame.
The boot is stainless lined and rots the steel beyond belief.

When parked next to new motorhomes it looks small.
8 meters seems to be the limit in European campsites, but I get away with it.
In the lower south west you need to watch the dry stone walls. Thats why I didn't fit a rear bumper.
Scotland, no problems.
Small roads over the Alps ok.
Porlock hill one corner took two bites.
Harwick to Hoek and back cost £274.40 in high season last week. Choose the dates and times better it can be under £200.00

Your welcome to view Murky anytime.

For what to expect with a Cheetah, read this post. https://motorhomebuilder.com/threads/violating-a-princess.66638/

Mark
Hi Mark will send you a PM :cool:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back