Signman

Hi all just joined, and from Derbyshire, we have just returned from a two week tour of Scotland and the NC500, 2,050 odd miles, in our Peugeot Boxer (it's first outing with us) managed to get a cracked windscreen on the way to Scotland and found a few problems with it that we'll have to sort, but we didn't allow them to spoil the holiday, itching to go somewhere else now.

Hi, welcome aboard :) Good choice for a first outing.

Hi and welcome to the forum, we thought we would be in Scotland all the time but only been once so far this year as work keeps interfering. Will be off to Scottish Anual meet next month though and staying on another week to get our heather fix :)

Hi and welcome to the forum, we thought we would be in Scotland all the time but only been once so far this year as work keeps interfering. Will be off to Scottish Anual meet next month though and staying on another week to get our heather fix :)
Thanks for the welcomes, having been a couple of times I'm the same would love to stay in Scotland all the time, but finances won't allow it and I'm not too sure I could cope with their winters, (I'm in between jobs at the moment) so I'll have to be content with my memories for now, I bought a bit of heather home with me :)

Thanks for the welcomes, having been a couple of times I'm the same would love to stay in Scotland all the time, but finances won't allow it and I'm not too sure I could cope with their winters, (I'm in between jobs at the moment) so I'll have to be content with my memories for now, I bought a bit of heather home with me :)
Life is a constant battle innit if you are in work it stops you going far and if you aren’t money is too tight. If I get my way house will be gone and we will become full time travellers in the new year :)

Life is a constant battle innit if you are in work it stops you going far and if you aren’t money is too tight. If I get my way house will be gone and we will become full time travellers in the new year :)
I hope you get your wish, I've been looking at a lot of vids on full timing and would love to do this if I was on my own, much prefer wild compared to on site camping, problem with me is I don't have the confidence of giving everything up just yet, and there's a lot more questions that would need to be answered. It seems to be a lot easier to do in the USA than here, much more full timer friendly, but don't fancy moving there either.

Hello and welcome aboard! Good for you not letting the mishap on your first trip put you off this wonderful hobby/lifestyle. Enjoy!

Hi all just joined, and from Derbyshire, we have just returned from a two week tour of Scotland and the NC500, 2,050 odd miles, in our Peugeot Boxer (it's first outing with us) managed to get a cracked windscreen on the way to Scotland and found a few problems with it that we'll have to sort, but we didn't allow them to spoil the holiday, itching to go somewhere else now.
Good luck with the next trip.We love our little A/S Rambler ,(Boxer SWB). Don't go getting upset because every body else's are bigger vans. It depends on whether you want to go to campsites or see the world. They can't park many of the places you can, can't use it as a second vehicle, can't drive around our Devon Lanes, and pay a fortune on ferries. We have arrived at a beach side aire at the same time as a ' Concord'. Massive, Dutch, the bigger the better! Once parked, no easy matter they spend an hour getting all the chairs and table out, fences made of multiple windbreaks, TV aerials, even fairy lights, fake plants, mats and loungers. A real home from home. Then they sit there frightened to leave it. In the meantime, we've taken the dog to the beach and seen the local sights. A couple of months ago we wildcamped on a mountain in Southern Spain, can you get up there in a big MH? Enjoy your little van!

Good luck with the next trip.We love our little A/S Rambler ,(Boxer SWB). Don't go getting upset because every body else's are bigger vans. It depends on whether you want to go to campsites or see the world. They can't park many of the places you can, can't use it as a second vehicle, can't drive around our Devon Lanes, and pay a fortune on ferries. We have arrived at a beach side aire at the same time as a ' Concord'. Massive, Dutch, the bigger the better! Once parked, no easy matter they spend an hour getting all the chairs and table out, fences made of multiple windbreaks, TV aerials, even fairy lights, fake plants, mats and loungers. A real home from home. Then they sit there frightened to leave it. In the meantime, we've taken the dog to the beach and seen the local sights. A couple of months ago we wildcamped on a mountain in Southern Spain, can you get up there in a big MH? Enjoy your little van!
Thanks Colosborne, I know what you mean re big motorhomes, we had a 23ft Kon Tiki before this one and it wasn't being used much, not so much it's size on the road more of the hassle getting it on and off our drive each time we wanted to use it, and very rarely did we wild in it, never seen fairy lights but did see a German camper put two real plants outside their van, miss the space though a six berth down to a two. I much prefer wild camping if I can, not really stealth but fun all the same. I think ours might be a MWB van, so does take a bit more room than a car in car parks, and is an high top so have to be careful where we park. If we do decide to stop some where for a few days we'd probably take the bike in our trailer, park up then shoot off on that. Never been abroad, not sure as I'd want to now, nearest we got to leaving our island was contemplating getting on the Arran ferry.

Hi welcome along, Scotland is also a favourite of our usually manage a month twice a year, but my dream is to full time , maybe one day . Wherever you go enjoy.

Hi welcome along, Scotland is also a favourite of our usually manage a month twice a year, but my dream is to full time , maybe one day . Wherever you go enjoy.
A month twice a year now I am jealous just re looked at my speedo and it looks like we did some 2500 miles not 2050, I couldn't afford to do that twice a year. Thanks for the welcome.

Bit of a sweeping statement there. Yes a lot of car parks are restricted with height barriers but most other stuff can be done. It’s normally width and height that limit a van more than length, remember if a bin lorry or bus can get in so can big Motorhome’s.
Our van is 7.8mtrs and we are out 4 nights every week, we will use sites now and then as apart from anything else we need to empty cassette and take on water, apart from that we could park on the beach indefinitely :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back