Nice UK towns to explore

QFour

Nice UK towns to explore

We quite enjoy a break exploring a town. Can anyone recommend a town they like with a nice campsite or a park and ride you can stay in. Canterbury comes to mind but we're looking for something closer to the Midlands. Thanks.

Ludlow is a nice town to visit. Sorry cant recommend a local site as each time visiting for us was from a m/cycle rally site.

Stratford upon Avon I stayed on the leisure centre car park not sure how appropriate it is suggesting W locations on here soz admin if it's naughty.

Thanks everyone, I'll look at those places. I fancy Ludlow due to the food.....

Lincoln is nice to visit. Quite a few campsites in the area . Nice adult only site right next to pub with great food at Kirkby on Bain ( book to eat as busy even weeknights!) Newark , Louthall in the area as well as countless little picturesque villages. Oops just read your post properly and not sure where park and ride or sites for Lincoln are! But, if you wants a nice village! ?

Last edited:
Froodie;n5931 said:
Thanks everyone, I'll look at those places. I fancy Ludlow due to the food.....

Definitely good for food, there's a sandwich shop just down the street from Costa and the special sausage sandwiches are lovely, the sausage is from one of the local butchers.

Regards,
Del

Another vote for Stratford-upon-Avon and next month they are having a Victorian festival, and only £2 per night to park at the leisure centre which is just a short walk to the town

Another Pretty little town is Builth Wells Powys park on the main car park by the river it's a nice place to visit.

I was impressd with the park and ride system at York. York is a great city to visit near Christmas with the markets and the old fashioned buildings we parked at the park and ride at the outlet stores

Cirencester is a nice town,it has a C@MC site close to the centre with a lovely 10 minute walk through cirencester park into the town.Another one is Tewkesbury which again has a C@MC site virtually in the town centre.Both ideal for motorhomers because of the proximity of camp sites near to the town.

Wully;n6196 said:
I was impressd with the park and ride system at York. York is a great city to visit near Christmas with the markets and the old fashioned buildings we parked at the park and ride at the outlet stores

Agree about York,a great place to visit with plenty going on,if you can get on the C@MC site it is only a short walk into the city centre.The site is extremely popular though and you have to book well in advance unless you get a cancellation.

Bath.
Bath Marina and Caravan Site.
Bus / stroll into town.
Best out of season and do the Baths late afternoon after the coach tours have gone home.

wakk44;n6203 said:
Agree about York,a great place to visit with plenty going on,if you can get on the C@MC site it is only a short walk into the city centre.The site is extremely popular though and you have to book well in advance unless you get a cancellation.

Plenty of places to park overnight too on our sister site. We use one within 5 mins of a park and ride.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back