Ramps

I had a couple of fiamma ones which broke so I bought the millenco ones which broke as well I gave them away as they were heavy and bulky. I don't have any now and just walk uphill in the van if need be.

We inherited a pair of yellow Fiamma ramps with a caravan we bought in 2001 and and also used them with that caravan's replacement (1300 kg MTLM) until we sold it and bought the MH this year. However, the MH handbrake has some backlash so the wheels just roll back down the ramp unless used with chocks. IMO having someone wedge a chock under the wheel while the MH is held on the clutch is potentially dangerous and having to release the chock makes getting off the ramps 'interesting'. So we've bought a pair of Milenco Tridents -- the steps should get around the tendency for the wheels to roll back down the ramp. That said, they're still pristine and unused as everywhere we've pitched since getting the Tridents hasn't needed ramps!

We've had a [pair of the large yellow ones for several years with no problems. We usually use them with the green monster mats mentioned above, also bought at a show.

Malcolm

I had a set with the last van, but never used them, so I haven't bought any for the new one.

We usually get level or near enough for it not to be a problem.

We have the Milenco Quattro's and they do the job on our MH (5t fully loaded).

They also come with a handy feature: when you misjudge how far on them you are and drive over the top or them, the last bits of plastic break off thereby making them smaller and easier to store. Thank you Milenco for thinking of that!
fool.gif

Graham
biggrin.gif

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back